[A16] Camping Stuff v0.2.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nandonalt

VERSION 0.1.2 - CHANGELOG:
-> BUGFIX - hopefully the error and the missing tent support bug is fixed, as I changed some mistakes on the defs
-> Tent supports are no longer ugly (they were beauty -8, making colonists feel bad)
-> Tents can now be crafted on crafting spots, to allow tribalists colonies to make tents.

Seeker89

Is there a plan to add bigger tents?

Ashnal

Quote from: Degraine on January 05, 2017, 12:22:31 AM
Usage tip: If you have ED-Embrasures as well, make sure Camping Stuff is loaded before it.

And Reusable Pods works just fine on the campsite maps too, so Cannon Travel networks are possible! The only downside is having to maintain a colonist presence on the map. What would be really nice is being able to choose the size of new settlements, but that's beyond this mod's scope, really.
You know you could just "settle" a new colony at your transport hops. It will show up on the map as one and will not actually need any colonists at it to remain active. Set up camp is mainly useful because if you abandon a colony site you'll get ruins where it was and be unable to make a new colony there again, so horrible for temporary camps. But doing ti the permanent way would work great for transport hops.

Degraine

That's true, but I like to play on larger maps, so every travel station would be that much more work for my (now somewhat aging) computer to do for minimal benefit.

I'll wait until someone writes a mod to choose new settlement sizes.

XeoNovaDan

This + Set-Up Camp = Awesomesauce :D

Nandonalt

VERSION 0.2.0 - CHANGELOG:
-> Tents are now made with textiles (fabric or leather) instead of cloth only (your existing tents will be updated when deployed again);
-> There are two new sizes of tents: medium and big;
-> Small texture change on tent walls;
-> Big tents are not craftable from the crafting spot.

udAL

Awesome!

I was just going to suggest bigger tents and being able to make them out of leather.

I love the mod, great idea, good implementation 10/10.
I've suggested you to be included in the game

Deon

What do you think about making the stove to look like a Primus stove? It would make sense for a portable stove :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primus_stove

I made a tile for it, I will improve it today if you are interested.

WoodyDaOcas

Thank you once again, nice update :)
I'd like to suggest a tiny change, the portable stove, could it be made flickable ? Kinda like generator is, it accepts fuel, but can be turned off. But I am afraid only power-related stuff could be, no ?
Ty

Pez

I like the way this mod sounds.  For a long time, I wished there was a primitive mod, removing all the advanced tech from the game.  Something to turn Rimworld into UnReal World.

Nandonalt

VERSION 0.2.1 - CHANGELOG
-> Tents are now rotatable (default keys are Q and E while selecting a place)
-> Should be compatible with Cave Biomes mod.

Canute

What do you think to redesign the big tent a bit.
So you have 4 seperated rooms with 2 1x1 tables/stools at the middle way. The tables/stools are unfold from the tent base when you put down the tent :-)
Sure the tent need a bit bigger then the current desgin, but the big one isn't realy bigger then the medium one.

Zebukin

Thanks for mod!
Pretty useful!
8 day with temporary mining camp was good.
And one suggestion.
Small and lightweight packing tables 2x1 (requires plasteel) and folding stools (requred fabrique and plasteel). Less basic comfort than regular stool.
Also sleeping bag is making by builder now. I think, the tailor should make em with fabrique+wool. The better wool — the better temperature protection.

Feel free to ask me to draw sprites. I am pro.

Zebukin

Quote from: Nandonalt on January 09, 2017, 02:02:29 PM
-> Tents are now rotatable (default keys are Q and E while selecting a place)
Good!

This ability helps to unite few tents.

Zebukin

I found one thing. Even without fuel, stove still warming up the tent.