[A16] Camping Stuff v0.2.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakulux

RemingtonRyder

I had some free time to test out and texture an Unfinished Item for the tents. See attachments.

You can probably come up with a better texture, I just wanted to see if it worked. :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Nandonalt

VERSION 0.2.3 - CHANGELOG:
-> Tent rotating is now less sensitive
-> Added unfinished tent to the recipe, so colonists pause tent tailoring (thanks MarvinKosh!)
-> New sleeping bad texture (thanks drakulux!)
-> FIX: Portable heater requires fuel to heat spaces

Draxis

This is an excellent mod and I'm really enjoying it. I was about to start a nomad play through, but I had a few ideas which hopefully would be simple to implement and really add to the whole mobile lifestyle. If possible, would you consider adding the following? My idea was to have as much of a base which easily picked up and moved to support a nomadic lifestyle. You would need pack animals to move things since the bigger tents would be very heavy, but it would provide an incentive to really base things around pack animals and keep moving. Keep up the great work!

• Big tent with no internal walls (so we can have larger internal rooms)
  • Buildable fabric / leather walls (so we can join a few tents together)
  • Cot and chairs made of fabric / leather and wood / steel (a light weight furniture with more building requirements which can easily be packed and moved
  • Yurt / long tent (basically a massive tent which is heavy, but intended for semi-permanent habitation)

forestfey

hey dear, i'm still positively outraged by your ingenious mod!!! Like, I really lost it (as in flailing arms, exclamating sounds and chair-bouncing) when I saw its first upload :D
I'd like to know if I could use your refuelable-heatpusher-comp for another, different portable stove I'm working on? My just finished inspection showed, that not even Jecrell's wood stove furnace has it... You would be credited duly where you want, like in the about text, of course...
Cheers!
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Kryas

I'm having some trouble. If a pack animal picks up the tent or sleeping bag, I can't order them to drop it? My caravan can't sleep because the muffalo's won't drop them

Sebastian Cigar

Hello!
Would it be possible to implement automatically placed flooring for the smaller tents? The medium and the large ones look more like festive tents in my opinion and those usually don't come in with a groundsheet attached. The same mechanics of missing walls (or floor tiles only, or both, if that's even possible) should be applied in case a piece of flooring was deconstructed.  I'm quite surprised noone has suggested that before.
Other than that, it's a great mod you've created, I absolutely love it  ;D

becomeweaker

Great! Now I have to make a base using only those!

And of course, walls around them... it wouldn't last long otherwise...

Trigon

I enjoy using them as medical facilities for quick setup rather than a spot in my filthy hovels.

Ruisuki

How about some backpacks to improve carry weight slightly mate?

lperkins2

If you're having trouble adding this mid-game due to the workgiver issue, set use priorities to false in the work tab before adding this mod.  (Or by editing the save file).  You can then re-enable it once you load the game.

1 Kiwi

Is this compatible with Alpha 17?
Dusty keyboard

DariusWolfe

It doesn't break the game, but it doesn't work right, either. I think sleeping bags are fine, but I think tents and the camp heater/stove is broken. Nandonalt has said elsewhere recently that updates are coming, though.

rambo

Update it please