[A16] Camping Stuff v0.2.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

2 posts above :)
Quote from: Alias on December 29, 2017, 04:34:26 PM
I promised I'd update, but Vaniat beat me to the workshop (by 2 days). I also rather liked the butchering spot, so I added it back (or rather didn't remove it).

GitHub link: GitHub

Ruisuki

is there a point to sleeping bags since I think b18 added sleeping rolls??

Alias

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 03:00:38 AM
Nope, that's why they were removed in the b18 version. I forgot to change the mod description when I updated it, but its fixed now.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Alias on February 12, 2018, 09:47:25 AM
Nope, that's why they were removed in the b18 version. I forgot to change the mod description when I updated it, but its fixed now.

Alias, thank you so much for updating this mod. However, there is this ONE mod that I have left that I really, really want to have updated to B18, and I will seriously feel like my list is complete. Or at least to my satisfaction, because I feel like without this mod, that my immersion is getting really hurt. The mod is Snowy Trees, and it was made by Nandonalt. So instead of most of your trees going leafless when it snowed, they would get "snowy". Anyway, it makes the boreal forest biome look so beautiful, like a winter wonderland. Now playing without this mod makes it look not nearly as nice in the snow, knowing what I'm missing out on :-\

Anyway, I was curious. Do you think you could find it in your heart, to help out a friendly internet stranger? Honestly, I would be so freaking grateful! I even have my own mods that I've been working on, and will release someday hopefully soon, to help give back to the community. But I am not a C# programmer, so I am completely stuck when it comes to stuff like this  :-[

Either way, I fully understand if this is something you can not do. I am still very grateful for you maintaining Camping Stuff, because these tents are really awesome. Thank you! ;D

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29221.0

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 12, 2018, 11:34:39 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 10:26:59 AM

These snowy trees look beautiful!

Oh yeah! It almost makes me upset that I discovered that mod, because now I can't play with it and know what I'm missing out on! ;D

But really, if someone could just please bring this to B18, even if it is missing textures for any new trees that were added (I'm not even sure if any were) and I will make my own textures if I need to. I just can't do any of the C# stuff! :-\

Kori, I recommend you check this out https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751887749 After I saw this, it made me realize something. That RimWorld's trees are really lacking in size, they never have any actually big ones. With this mod, it will make the trees simply look bigger and have tighter clusters. It also changes around some of the vegetation and animal spawn rates for each biome. I only wanted the increase in tree size. If you wanted to do the same, you can open up the mod's folder, and the only things you would need to keep is everything in the About folder, and for the Defs you only need Kudzu_Plants.xml

The reason I turn the other stuff off in it, is because I use RF - Configurable Maps to alter flora and fauna. You also might be using Wild Animal Sex, which alters animal life as well.

Here's what I plan on bringing into my games next, the redwood trees from Nature's Pretty Sweet, just look how freaking awesome actually TALL trees look!

Alias

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 10:26:59 AM
Anyway, I was curious. Do you think you could find it in your heart, to help out a friendly internet stranger? Honestly, I would be so freaking grateful! I even have my own mods that I've been working on, and will release someday hopefully soon, to help give back to the community. But I am not a C# programmer, so I am completely stuck when it comes to stuff like this  :-[

Either way, I fully understand if this is something you can not do. I am still very grateful for you maintaining Camping Stuff, because these tents are really awesome. Thank you! ;D

I'm supper swamped with school right now, but I have a break coming up in a few weeks, I can try to take a look then (assuming I don't get homework that needs doing). I will give fair warning: I have't really worked with hugsLib and my C# programming is mostly a combination of knowing Object Oriented concepts (from C++ and Java) and playing whack-a-mole with the red squiggle lines in Visual Studio.

And your welcome!

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 11:47:41 AM
Kori, I recommend you check this out https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751887749 After I saw this, it made me realize something. That RimWorld's trees are really lacking in size, they never have any actually big ones. With this mod, it will make the trees simply look bigger and have tighter clusters. It also changes around some of the vegetation and animal spawn rates for each biome. I only wanted the increase in tree size. If you wanted to do the same, you can open up the mod's folder, and the only things you would need to keep is everything in the About folder, and for the Defs you only need Kudzu_Plants.xml

Thank you, I will definitely try that out! I always wanted more trees in the rainforest biome.
Nature's Pretty Sweet looks really good, too! But too many bugs at the moment.  :-\

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 12, 2018, 01:41:10 PM
Thank you, I will definitely try that out! I always wanted more trees in the rainforest biome.
Nature's Pretty Sweet looks really good, too! But too many bugs at the moment.  :-\

Yeah all I ever really hear about are problems from NPS, which is why I only want to get those trees ;D

Also have you ever checked out the TropiCKAPP Rainforest mod? I have a B18 version of that too if you're interested.

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 05:18:06 PM
Also have you ever checked out the TropiCKAPP Rainforest mod? I have a B18 version of that too if you're interested.

The TropiCKAPP mod looks beautiful, but it adds new animals and I'm using CE, so it depends on how easily the new animals can be disabled without breaking the mod.  :-\
Do you think this can be done via XML?

edit: let's talk about this in the TropiCKAPP thread  :)

Ruisuki

I still see them. Zip folder says b18 v0.2.3-masterzip

Ruisuki

I was able to build the portable stove but after constructing it just disappeared. its not in anyones gear inventory, and when I try to form caravan it doesnt show up either??

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 13, 2018, 03:10:08 AM

They exist as textures but I didn't see any evidence of them existing in my defs when I browsed over them. Are we all using the same version?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 13, 2018, 07:37:50 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 13, 2018, 03:10:08 AM

They exist as textures but I didn't see any evidence of them existing in my defs when I browsed over them. Are we all using the same version?
I see the sleeping bag(upside down) when looking under the furniture tab but havent tried to build it. More troubling is the portable stove which just seems to eat up my resources after being built and disappearing.

edit: i managed to get the stove to appear after uninstalling, deleting and reextracting then reinstalling the mod at least

Ruisuki

Any chance of the portable stove being improved? Most of the time im using campfire to make 4x meatballs, and the stove only has 2 recipes plus uses chemfuel. Kinda feel it should be buffed to at least do bulk meals?