[MOD] (Alpha 3) Sand Lizards

Started by Alex26, April 11, 2014, 04:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex26

Simply adds a new wild creature, the Sand Lizard, to RimWorld. It is similar to the Squirrel, with some slight differences (more health, for example). It is sandy yellow in colour. It can be killed, butchered, and eaten, just like any other animal.

Two Sand Lizards hanging out in their natural habitat.

Sand Lizard texture.

Yes, you can include my mods in your modpack. You don't have to ask my permission. You can also edit my mods if you want. I really don't care!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Psyckosama

Good idea. My one complaint is it doesn't seem to fit the look.

It has limbs

Alex26

Fair point! Try the new version with minimalised limbs. I also made the lizard skinnier, which was my original intention. (The game squished the image slightly before.)

Architect

Awesome :D got any pictures to display too?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Alex26

madpluck

So I'm having some weird graphical errors with this mod (or maybe the antelopes mod?). It makes the sand lizards and muffalo display as all kinds of weird things and sometimes disappear completely!

EDIT: This is a problem with the mod menu so nevermind!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

StorymasterQ

If only the lizards could be modded to move and spawn only on desert tiles.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Alex26

Well, if anyone who knows this programming language better than me can work out how, they have my full permission to edit the mod to do that. (Actually, anyone can edit my mods in any way they want.)

DarkXess

Thanks for posting your release. Please update your release post with our download links too :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

Cala13er

Really like this mod, you should put all your animals together in 1 mod and name it animals plus or mo'creatures ;) or something among those lines.

Alex26

Thanks, but since I've only made two animals I don't think they can really pass as RimWorld's version of Mo'Creatures. And I doubt I'll be making any more animals, since they'd all pretty much be clones of other animals with a different look. I just don't know this programming language well enough to do anything really interesting. I think I'm going to stick to making my own games because I have a lot more freedom with them.

Tuvka

JKTD1919

Update would be appreciated! I love critter mods.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Alex26

Sorry to disappoint, but to be frank I'm not interested in this game at the moment so I'm not too interested in updating these mods either. I might start maintaining my mods one day, once there is new content in the game that I find engaging. But at the moment I find the game rather stale. But you or anyone else that likes my mods is free to update them and redistribute them if they really want, it shouldn't be too hard. Just look at the data in the files for the muffalo and squirrel, and change the relevant data in my mods so it matches it.

JKTD1919

Oh! That is quite the shame. Your mods were just the right mix of vanilla and flavor.

Hope RimWorld can interest you again in the future! It got stale for me too, which is why I play with mods now.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.