[A16] Mo'Events v1.1 | More events and incidents!

Started by ilawz, January 05, 2017, 09:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebukin

It looks like mod have a bug.
Calm weather stops my wind turbine, but event is not in the stack like others, and not ends (may be afrer reloading save). So wind turbine will stay stopped eternally, until I rebuild it.  Or, sometimes, until rain.

Hydromancerx

Can you tone down the frequency of Abominations? I have had a bunch in the last few days.

Dryerlint

So this adds some kind of "Moe Vent" to the game? Do I need some kind of anime pack for this to work?

harpadarpa

I've been using this for a while, and it's really good! I really love the variety and challenge these new mods bring. My only major problem with it has got to be the nausea. Nausea happens SO often, especially in bigger colonies that it feels ridiculous. I mean it's not too problematic or anything, but it can get annoying. In my eyes, only one thing could fix this:

You really gotta remove the big dramatic event cue, with the flashing yellow light.

That sound, the flashing lights, it all make my stress jump from 0 to 100 real quick. Raiders? Plauge? Eclipse? Toxic Fallout? In the base game, when something inconsequential, or even beneficial happens, it doesn't feel overbearing, because those events don't happen nearly as often as nausea does. And because they're rarer, and more impactful than nausea, it feels like they deserve the big flashing lights and colored notification. In a colony of 6 people, nausea can happen every 4 or so days, so why make it so loud and obnoxious? If you don't want to change nausea, then I suggest you make its notification similar to that of a major break risk. At least then it feels less obnoxious.
Shitposting to the max.

Paulinas

Hey, how to remove Abomination. I dont like it i wanna get it out of the game :/

deathstar

Quote from: Zebukin on January 12, 2017, 10:31:06 PM
It looks like mod have a bug.
Calm weather stops my wind turbine, but event is not in the stack like others, and not ends (may be afrer reloading save). So wind turbine will stay stopped eternally, until I rebuild it.  Or, sometimes, until rain.

I can confirm this bug. The turbines do not start up by themselves, there doesn't seem to be an end to the calm weather event. Reloading the save or rebuilding the turbines fixes it.

Techgenius

Can you remove the Stroke? its just a bad feature, specially if you play lone characters, it simply breaks the game.

Vandris

First of all, love your mod.

I seem to be having a bug that's caused by your mod, I could be wrong. It doesn't always happen but there is a high chance that when the abomination event happens, it infinitely drops pods and scrap metal, severely lagging the game. I resolved the issue by reloading, but my flatmate had to fiddle around with it until he managed to kill the abomination with dev mode which stopped it. Mine never actually spawned the person, it seemed to be having an issue around forcing a downed pawn from what I could see in the log.

A possibly related bug is one that causes visiting pawns to infinitely spawn, almost completely freezing the game. Going dev mode and deleting them all seems to fix it, but it's a nuisance. I've also encountered the calm weather bug with the turbines.

Thank you for your work and hopefully these issues can get resolved. :)
I can also fetch my mod list if it helps.
Not all who wander are lost. But oh boy, I sure am.

HoboAnders

Where is the alternate download? For those of us who do not have the Steam version of this game? I can't find it :/

Vandris

It's an attachment of the original post. Look at the bottom of it for a rar file. :)
Not all who wander are lost. But oh boy, I sure am.

HoboAnders

Oh hahaha I finally saw it, thanks for opening my eyes kind stranger!

kazuya40

Hello, so I've been using this mod for a while, and just recently I got Abomination event.
But, everytime the abomination do some activity (beside moving/walking), it triggers error about losing appearel and no faction pawn.
Is that normal?

Sorry, I forgot to copy the debug log.

sefer

hey, enjoying this so far but was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how you got started with the assembly editing to create events and incidents? Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your source code so that I can read into it and add more events to my game while following yours as guidelines?

oreganor

As user kazuya40, I got an abomination that shown itself while on a small room I use as infirmary. Stood there wandering without doing anything dangerous as it didn't try to blow the door, and meanwhile, it was triggering a lot of errors (That ended as soon as my squad killed it). Here is the SS of the whole chain of events were ALL red warnings started to appear as soon as the Abomination shown itself:

Hope it helps you debuging this. As soon as I opened the door, the Abomination rushed in to cause havoc... But I think the "spirit" of the event is having a "Thing-like" enemy on the loose on the base... Which this bug defeats on the typical base setup :(.

Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

AngleWyrm

Quote from: ilawz on January 05, 2017, 09:57:08 AM
As you may have seen from the title, this mod adds a few more events and incidents to the game.
11 as of now, although I have a few more ideas lying around. If you have more ideas, be sure to tell me!

• A pod pulls off a successful landing with no harm to it's passenger. He becomes a visitor to the colony, with a small amount to trade.
  • A mist settles in the area and accelerates plant growth for a while
  • A resource pod drop includes several viles of Adulthood, which raises a young animal into a fully mature specimen in a single day.
  • The cat herders of Rimbyouliton are passing through
  • Someone had a nightmare that left them shaking and unwilling to leave their room for a while
  • A piece of food classified as food poisoning gets a colonist stoned on an alien dish
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh