[A16] Mo'Events v1.1 | More events and incidents!

Started by ilawz, January 05, 2017, 09:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilawz

More events and incidents for RimWorld

What's this mod about?
Hello! As you may have seen from the title, this mod adds a few more events and incidents to the game.
11 as of now, although I have a few more ideas lying around. If you have more ideas, be sure to tell me!

What kind of events?

• Abomination
  • Amnesia
  • Animal Migration
  • Calm Weather
  • Hungry Insects
  • Luxury Cargo Pods
  • Nausea
  • Stroke
  • Survival Pods
  • Thanksgiving
  • Tribal Aid

What do they do?
I think this mod is played best 'blind', but if you want to know what each event does, then here's a summary:

- Abomination,
just like a normal rescue pod, but after a while the person that you rescued turns into an Abomination!
Watch out for corpses lying around, cause they will go after them and transform them into abominations too. They also have
extreme regenerative purposes, so killing them will be really hard.

- Amnesia
A random pawn forgot what they were doing! They'll start a new job after, but if it happens to a pawn who was in the middle of
crafting, doctoring etc. they will have to start over.

- Animal Migration
A pack of animals is migrating through your area! You can hunt, tame or leave them be.

- Calm Weather
The weather got remarkably calm, wind turbines will be useless but shooting will be easier.

- Hungry Insects
A group of manhunting starving insects have wandered into your area, searching for flesh!

- Luxury Cargo Pods
A chunk of your spaceship has fallen down, the chunk came from a rather rich part of the ship.
Watch out for wounded people and luxury items!

- Nausea
A random pawn suddenly felt really sick! He/she needs rest immediatly.

- Stroke
A random pawn suddenly felt down to the ground and lost control over his body! He/she needs medical care immediatly!

Events added in V1.1 5/1/2017

- Survival Pods
A few survival pods are landing nearby, they must've come from our ship. There's a few essenstial survival items inside such as high quality clothing, a firearm and some food.

- Tribal Aid
One of the tribes has contacted you, although you dont understand them well you know what their intention is:
They want us to heal one of their members that got hurt in a hunting trip, because they dont have the medical potency to do so.
You can rescue the tribal to improve relations with the corresponding faction or capture them for slavery/recruitment purposes.

- Thanksgiving (requires a friendly tribe faction)
One of the tribes are grateful having you as friend, so they sent some spare food.
They hope this will further help your friendship with them.

Download

- Steam Workshop (Attachment at bottom of post if you dont have the steam version)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835151481

Credits

- Skyarkhangel
For lending me some parts of his code, his abomination, nausea and migration code to be exact. Thanks a lot :)

- minami26
For some of the original events, also many thanks :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

alsoandanswer

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Kizitk

ilawz

Quote from: Kizitk on January 05, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
Is it Save-Friendly ?

As far as I tested, yes, you can load it with an existing save. However you might get complications if you remove the mod and try to play a save you've loaded the mod in before.

ilawz

Updated!

Events added in V1.1 5/1/2017

- Survival Pods
A few survival pods are landing nearby, they must've come from our ship. There's a few essenstial survival items inside such as high quality clothing, a firearm and some food.

- Tribal Aid
One of the tribes has contacted you, although you dont understand them well you know what their intention is:
They want us to heal one of their members that got hurt in a hunting trip, because they dont have the medical potency to do so.
You can rescue the tribal to improve relations with the corresponding faction or capture them for slavery/recruitment purposes.

- Thanksgiving (requires a friendly tribe faction)
One of the tribes are grateful having you as friend, so they sent some spare food.
They hope this will further help your friendship with them.

Screech

There's already a heart attack event that can happen on older colonist. Why add a stroke one? That's redundant don't you think?

Adalah217

Hey this is really cool! Some awesome ideas here!

joaonunes

Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

ilawz

Quote from: Screech on January 05, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
There's already a heart attack event that can happen on older colonist. Why add a stroke one? That's redundant don't you think?

The stroke event downs the pawn and gives the pawn a few injuries, they are non-lethal.

System.Linq

Hoo boy, good luck OP. If there's anything I've learned it's that people hate events.

jere8184

joaonunes

Quote from: Psychology on January 05, 2017, 06:33:59 PM
Hoo boy, good luck OP. If there's anything I've learned it's that people hate events.

It depends on the events... Some are just plain annoying and no way to make the player enjoy them. Mad Animal attacks for once are annoying because they are not that strong of a threat (sometimes), but they appear every few days, which is annoying... Forces me to stop and look at the closest armed colonist(s) to take it out.
"Amnesia" sounds annoying though... It will depend on the chance to appear in the game... If it's too often that this event triggers it will definitely be annoying and lots of people will hate it, but the "Animal Migration" on the other hand sounds great. It adds a "new" mechanic and can actually help the player instead of annoying him. Free food and tamable animals, plus if they are muffalos it will be easier to get pack animals for the colony assaults :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Treason5240

Tested this out.

Love the events, but I've found something of an extreme downside.  Once "Calm Weather" hits, say good-bye to your wind turbines...permanently.

Calm weather never ends.  Going on year 3 with my current colony.

System.Linq

Quote from: joaonunes on January 05, 2017, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: Psychology on January 05, 2017, 06:33:59 PM

It depends on the events... Some are just plain annoying and no way to make the player enjoy them. Mad Animal attacks for once are annoying because they are not that strong of a threat (sometimes), but they appear every few days, which is annoying... Forces me to stop and look at the closest armed colonist(s) to take it out.
"Amnesia" sounds annoying though... It will depend on the chance to appear in the game... If it's too often that this event triggers it will definitely be annoying and lots of people will hate it, but the "Animal Migration" on the other hand sounds great. It adds a "new" mechanic and can actually help the player instead of annoying him. Free food and tamable animals, plus if they are muffalos it will be easier to get pack animals for the colony assaults :P

See? Already finding reasons to dislike them and they haven't even happened yet.

ilawz

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 05, 2017, 10:14:33 PM
Tested this out.

Love the events, but I've found something of an extreme downside.  Once "Calm Weather" hits, say good-bye to your wind turbines...permanently.

Calm weather never ends.  Going on year 3 with my current colony.

What other mods are you running?

I've tested this out myself because in an early version of the mod this kept happening, but I was certain I fixed it.