[A16] Halo: Outer Colonies - Core

Started by Elando, January 05, 2017, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elando

Halo: Outer Colonies - A Rimworld Mod

Description:
This mod adds a variety of weapons, apparel, factions and various other elements from the popular Halo franchise.

!NOTE! YOU MUST LOAD erdelf's Humanoid Alien Races MOD ABOVE Halo: Outer Colonies - Core IN YOUR MOD LOAD ORDER IN ORDER FOR IT ALL TO WORK. IF YOU DON'T THEN BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN AND THE COMMIES WILL WIN!

Details:
While this is already posted on the Workshop I decided to post here too in order to keep better track of the updates I have been and will be doing over the course of development.

As per the description, this mod is designed to bring the world of Halo to Rimworld, adding in many of the factions, weapons, items and other elements from the Halo franchise while staying true to balance, canon and the core gameplay of Rimworld.

Weapons Added:

- UNSC Weapons -

M6G Pistol
MA5C Assault Rifle
M45 Shotgun
SRS99AM Sniper Rifle
BR55 Battle Rifle

- Covenant Weapons -

Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle
Covenant Carbine

Apparel Added:

- UNSC -

Marine Fatigues
Marine Combat Armour
Marine Helmet
ODST Battle Armour
ODST Helmet

UNSC Faction added
Covenant Faction added

Covenant Races added:
Unggoy (Grunts)
Sangheili (Elites)

Future Content:

All Covenant Races from main games to be added. (Brutes, Prophets, Drones, Jackals, Hunters, etc)
All weapons both Covenant and Human from main games to be added.
Addition of ability to create Spartans from normal colonists through augmentation surgeries.
Addition of premade Spartans.
Addition of various UNSC and Covenant themed turrets, defenses, faction bases and other items.
Additional UNSC armour and apparel.
Working energy shields for both factions. (Spartans and Elites only)
Addition of Insurgents faction.
Addition of optional Flood threat. (Will work similar to 'insect' infestation possibly?)
Possibility of Forerunner/Promethean faction in some capacity. (Either full faction, roaming monitor and sentinels, weapons and/or scavengable artifact sites which give rewards in the form of high value forerunner weapons and armour but also dangers such as releasing the flood and/or sentinels/Prometheans)
Would like to add vehicles of some kind. Definitely Pelican and Phantom/Spirit dropships possibly using new A16 Drop Pods as a base for code?

Steam workshop
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828474365

Download Link (Will be updated less frequently than Steam Workshop version)
[A16] Version 0.3C: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pmzy447c5ovnjt4/Halo_v0.3C.rar
[A16] Version 0.2: https://www.mediafire.com/?ywr3x06o94y5c96

Credits:

Sir Terrance Hood & O Negative/CB Elite - Both supplying various references, ideas and previous content of old mods either their own or granted permission by original creators.

QuoteTERMS AND CONDITIONS:
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the game Rimworld to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
OWNER - Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the terms accepted when purchasing Rimworld (https://ludeon.com/rimworld/EULA.txt),
the OWNER has full rights over their MOD.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
MODPACK - A collection of MODS
1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE RIMWORLD GAME, PARTS OF RIMWORLD MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
All derived works must be free and it has to be clear that the derived work is derived from this MOD, if they are made public.
Also a link to this Page has to be included.
5.MODPACKS
You may add this MOD to any MODPACK, but if the MODPACK is public then you have to include the OWNER's name and a Link to this Page.
(optional) It is appreciated if you let the OWNER know that this MOD has been added to a MODPACK, but this is not required.

Legal:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules

lacrimi512

I already create my Spartans with the EPOE mod, but this is GREAT! Thank you.

asquirrel

Do you have a non-Steam link?  I don't seem to see one here.

Smexy_Vampire

keep it up would love to see how the spatin augments will work >:D expamint on chilldren

Elando

Quote from: asquirrel on January 05, 2017, 08:19:41 PM
Do you have a non-Steam link?  I don't seem to see one here.

For all you scrubs who don't use the Steam workshop ;)

There is now a download link in the original post. ;D

asquirrel

Lucifer

"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

Elando

Quote from: Lucifer on January 06, 2017, 02:09:12 PM
Any compatibility issues?

As far as I know there shouldn't be and I've had few reports of any via the workshop comments except for one guy who had 60+ mods but who's gonna sift through that mess to find the issue xD

Lucifer

I'll wait a bit before installing, i don't wanna cause issues with the 100 mods i have installed
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

Elando

BEHOLD!

Brokeback Sangheili

(Not quite finished yet but will eventually become playable pawns as an addon so you can either have full Sangheili colonies, Human and Sangheili colonies or full covenant colonies)

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Elando on January 06, 2017, 06:19:41 PM
BEHOLD!

Brokeback Sangheili

(Not quite finished yet but will eventually become playable pawns as an addon so you can either have full Sangheili colonies, Human and Sangheili colonies or full covenant colonies)

THIS IS NOT THE ARBITOR!!

Smexy_Vampire

Elando

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 19, 2017, 11:42:29 AM
any news on updates ?

I've only just got the Sangheili working properly as pawns to a state where I'm happy with them. I've begun implementing them into the covenant faction but it was slow going as textures and various things kept messing up along the way. I should have an update out soon, hopefully before next week, with the reworked Elites and some more content.

Elando

REJOICE! FOR THE NEW UPDATE IS UPON YE!

This adds slightly less than I just promised (No new weapons) as I wanted to get this update out tonight.

Basically, it changes the Grunts and Elites into actual working pawns. This means you can actually capture them and, if you're very very lucky, recruit them to your colony. So far only the special Unggoy combat harness actually looks right for the Grunts to wear but the Elites can wear human clothes and look rather dapper doing so.

Alongside this were some additional code fixes, adding pain and death sounds to the covenant races and giving them a real unique leader for the faction.

Next update will include the additional weapons I mentioned as well as more varients of Elites.

Also, I didn't have time to change the name files and add in special Covenant names, so if you get an Elite call Jim or something, just roll with it...

noble116

this looks great, definitely keeping my eye on it as im going to need a patch for Combat Realism to use this, also as a suggestion for the flood maybe make an event where a flood ship crashes down on the planet (similar to the event when the ai tells you about a ship waiting for you) and until you travel to the ship and destroy it flood raids will happen or even start to spread to nearby colonies and raider bases, dont know how hard that would be but either way keep up the amazing work on this incredible mod