[B18] Rimfall: The Frontier (1.42) (22/12/2017)

Started by MayPeX, January 06, 2017, 07:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayPeX

Description:
A Titanfall mod. Over the course of the mod's development. Weapons, apparel, structures, items, creatures and other utility options will be implemented. As the mod progresses, the mod will be obtainable as a master file containing all content in one package. The mod will be split down into modular segments to allow users to pick and choose what they want added to their Rimworld experience.

The mod will bolster familiar weapons, armour, uniforms, equipment and more.

Inside the mod:

Weapons:
- 33 Ranged Weapons craftable via Machining Table (A separate crafting table to be added soon due to the amount of weapons added.)

Research:

- 5 researchable techs done via Research Bench
- advanced frontier firearms (Unlocks the CARSMG, Smart Pistol Mark 5, G2A4 Rifle, Longbow DMR and Spitfire LMG.)
- anti-titan rifle production (Unlocks the Kaber AP Sniper.)
- anti-titan weaponry (Unlocks the Archer Heavy Rocket Launcher, Sidewinder Micro-Missile Launcher and the Mag Launcher.)
- precision charge rifle design (Prerequisite for the Precision Charge Rifle, also require Charge Shot research.)
- firearm refinement (Gain access to 4 weapon variants of iconic Titanfall weapons.)
Does not require new save.

Changelog:
Update 1.42:
- Patched an issue that caused unfinished Titanfall guns to have the prefix "Wood", "Steel" or other materials, potentially causing the finished gun not to be produced and resulted in wasted resources.

Update 1.41:
Patched for B18.
- B3 Wingman Elite added as a weapon variant researchable from Refined Arms research.
- Several weapon balance changes, some weapons should feel more indivudal from one another.

Download Rimfall 1.42:
Dropbox
Steam Workshop

Does not require new save. (Back up any saves on the off-chance the mod causes a conflict.)

Mod development Stages:
  - Stage One: Rearmament (Weapons) - Finished
  - Stage Two: IMC Kit Outfitting (IMC based Uniforms, Armour and other clothing.) - Planned
  - Stage Three: Militia Resupply (Militia Based Uniforms, Armour and other clothing.) - Planned
  - Stage Four: Colony Structural Planning (Titanfall lore friendly structures, production tables and other building pieces.) - Planned
  - Stage Five: Wildlife Re-Education (Implementation of Titanfall creatures.) - Planned
  - Stage Six: Spectre Program Reactivation (Implementation of Spectre drones, both colonial and combat.) - Planned.

License:
- You may include this in mod-packs and if you feel it is needed, adjust the mod to fit your criteria. Do send a private message first.
- I would rather there are no derivatives of this mod outside of the mod-pack realm.
- You may create compatibility patches for this mod of your own choosing, do link the patch here in this thread.

Sally Smithson

sounds cool and all but....
*sits down and pray for titans*
...excuse me *cough* it called titanfall for a reason
would be more awsome if functional titans where in this mod
but i get it patience = key

Akrakorn

Very cool! Looking forward to building Spectres.

SNKcell

Helixien

Quote from: SNKcell on January 06, 2017, 11:49:49 AM
is this save compatible?

Since it is only weapons and research being added, it should be yes. But better wait for the mod author himself.

MayPeX

Quote from: Helixien on January 06, 2017, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: SNKcell on January 06, 2017, 11:49:49 AM
is this save compatible?

Since it is only weapons and research being added, it should be yes. But better wait for the mod author himself.

It should not require a new colony to work, you should be able to load the mod on existing saves you currently have. That being said, it is always safe to create a backup save before doing so in-case of one off conflicts.

MayPeX

[A16] Rimfall: The Frontier updated to 1.20
- Alternator sub-machine gun added.
- V-47 Flatline art update and damage increase!
- Spitfire LMG slight resource increase, reduced damage and reduced projectile speed.
- CARSMG reduced range to be more in line with other SMGs.
- SmartMk5 projectile speed increased.
- Archer Heavy Rocket resource cost adjustment.

See changelog on first post, Steam Workshop description or the in-game mod description.

MisterMasada

Do you have any plans for Combat Realism compatibility?

MayPeX

Quote from: MisterMasada on January 19, 2017, 09:12:31 AM

Short answer, yes.

However I feel I will work on Combat Realism compatibility once all weapons have been accounted for. So it may be some time before you see a patch from me. Saying that, I have no issue with anyone else making a patch in the mean time and sharing it. My reasoning is that I don't want to have to updates the base mod and update a CR patch every time a new weapon is added. I'd rather get it all done in one go after all the weapons are in.

MisterMasada

Quote from: MayPeX on January 19, 2017, 03:23:15 PM
Quote from: MisterMasada on January 19, 2017, 09:12:31 AM

Short answer, yes.

However I feel I will work on Combat Realism compatibility once all weapons have been accounted for. So it may be some time before you see a patch from me. Saying that, I have no issue with anyone else making a patch in the mean time and sharing it. My reasoning is that I don't want to have to updates the base mod and update a CR patch every time a new weapon is added. I'd rather get it all done in one go after all the weapons are in.

...Maybe it's time for me to learn how to do a little modding.

MisterMasada

Question, where did you find the caliber information for the weapons?

MayPeX

I took sources from the Titanfall wikia page on Ammunition. http://titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Ammunition

And notably from Ahoy's channel, he mentions cartridges roughly a minute into each video. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOQZmjD6P2Hl5SosoDVcVt1w3xR3WgkZ9

Regarding Titanfall 2's additional weapons there is solely a lack of information on them. Making an educated guess would be the best thing to do.

MisterMasada

Quote from: MayPeX on January 22, 2017, 02:14:47 PM
I took sources from the Titanfall wikia page on Ammunition. http://titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Ammunition

And notably from Ahoy's channel, he mentions cartridges roughly a minute into each video. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOQZmjD6P2Hl5SosoDVcVt1w3xR3WgkZ9

Regarding Titanfall 2's additional weapons there is solely a lack of information on them. Making an educated guess would be the best thing to do.

Danke, I will continue my work, it's slow going (but I'm also completely new to this)

MisterMasada

I have everything but the anti-Titan weapons and the SMR working.
EDIT: and the Volt, forgot about the Volt

MisterMasada

Rimfall: The Frontier (1.30) Combat Realism Patch (A1.0) is a go.

https://mega.nz/#!eFcgATiJ!eaJ4-CeACXobqwqhFjC28ujA4sSKqFy3hTzDyzoycDo

Feel free to PM or quote about any balance concerns.

EDIT: I should mention, I have not tested any of the Anti-Titan weapons or the Volt, I just finished those up and I'm too tired.