Editing scyther arms

Started by Lucifer, January 06, 2017, 11:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Hey, I had no idea where to post this. So I picked here.

I've screwing around in the files so I can make the scyther blades effect my manpulation less (I am a dirty cheater) but I can't find it in any of the files. If someone could help I would really appreciate it
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hey man, what you wanna do is open your files and go to the Core subfolder where it's listed under the Mods folder and then go to the defs subfolder within that. So your file explorer should say

Rimworld1393(OS here)>Mods>Core>Defs

Now you want to find the subfolder marked "HediffDefs." Once there, click on the file labeled "Hediffs_Local_AddedParts." This lists all of the bionic/prosthetic parts in the the base game. Once there, scroll down until you find <defName>ScytherBlade</defName> and from there scroll until you see <partEfficiency>0.2</partEfficiency> and change it to what you like.

Lucifer

YOU'RE MY HERO! THANK YOU!

I'm gonna have so much fun screwing around In all of the files in core. Just seeing what I can tweak. I have another question, more of a favour. Can you give me an example on what changing that number means? Like what would I change it for a pawn with 2 blades to have 100 manpulation? Or 50 manpulation? If you know what I mean.
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

A_Soft_Machine_Man

No problem, man! Although I do advise caution when messing with core defs, you might wanna make some backups of your unmodded files in case something goes seriously wrong. I tried modding neutroamine to be craftable and it basically obliterated my game until I undid it.

As for what the actual string means, the <partEfficiency>0.2</partEfficiency> hard-caps the scyther blade at 20% efficiency as compared to the base arm. So, that means that having a colonist with two scyther arms would bring their manipulation down to a measly 20%. To increase the efficiency just change the number and save the def before opening the instance again. For example, <partEfficiency>2.0</partEfficiency> would hard-cap it at 200% upon reopening the instance after saving the def.