BLACK SCREEN, HELP!

Started by DraikSS, April 11, 2014, 04:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DraikSS

I recently got a black screen every time I launched my game. I have ran it as administrator, yet I still get a completely back screen. I do remember turning off all my mods right before I had the black screen. When I turned off my mods I turned off core as well and I think that's my problem, but I really have no idea other than that. I saw another post on this, but that didn't help at all.

Haplo

You need to manually add the Core mod to the ModConfig.xml or just reextract it from your download.
If it isn't in the download try just deleting/renaming the ModConfig.xml and restart.

Fernbhoy

something seems to be up, the game seems to lock on a back screen for 2 minutes and then when it does load, kills my internet (i though it was a coincidence at first but it's happened 5 times out of 5 now)

*added info* menus are very slow too, seems to take atleast a minute to load each section

Tynan

Blast. I'd heard of rare issues with long load times.

Is it possible to get into the game itself?

Can you maybe find the output_log.txt file from your _Data folder and post it here? Zip it if necessary.

Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Fernbhoy

this seems to be the one with the most data.

i'll see if i can get into a game later, but last time i tried it took 20 mins to get back online for some reason.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Curse, the log shows nothing of note.

Looks like I got some work to do.

DraikSS

Is the ModConfig.xml in the Mods folder because I can not find it.

Tynan

Quote from: DraikSS on April 11, 2014, 04:16:58 PM
Is the ModConfig.xml in the Mods folder because I can not find it.

It's in Config.

DraikSS

I went to RimWorld363Win_Data then Mono, then etc, Mono. Now i see like mconfig and config. When i open mconfig i see the config.xml but that doesn't seem to be it.

Tynan

If you've never successfully run the game it won't be there at all.

Sorry about the confusion there.

I think this is this rare bug: http://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=506

I'm going to be working on solving it in the next couple days. But it's a hard one because I can't repro it on my PC and it outputs nothing.

Fernbhoy

done a few more tests Ty. Not a clue what happened to make it effect my internet early but it seems fine now (though websites still load slower than with the game down)

Black screen will hang for 20-30 seconds, then enter the main screen. Once there all the other option links work fine and the game seems to be loading new saves without issues.

The issue seems to be in the mods section, if i click on the mods link it will freeze for 20-30 secs again and then enter the mods zone, when i click close to go to the main menu, it will once again freeze and then eventually make it's way back.

Whatever the issue is, mods seem to be it.

Architect

That old mods menu has been causing a fair amount of hassle XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Fernbhoy

well it took prison architect about 14 alpha's to get it in ;)

StorymasterQ

Are Rare Bugs(tm) similar to, say, Shiny Pokemon?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here