[A16] RimGate 1.0 - StarGate Expansion Packs (7-1-2017)

Started by Helixien, January 06, 2017, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixien

What is RimEffect?
Yet another little pet project of mine which aims to add some stuff from Stargate into Rimworld! (Of course in a vanilla friendly, this time however maybe not so immersive way). Originally this mod was made by carnov back in A8. I took it over with A12 and will maintain it hopefully until Rimworld gets a final version and Tynan stops changing stuff with every update.The content of this mod is going to be modular (like everything I make), so you guys can again choose which stuff you want inside your game.
All future mods of mine that are Stargate related will be found in this topic from now on!

Content that is WIP right now:

• [Race] Jaffa, Kree! Reborn
  • [Race] The Unas Tribes
  • [Misc] Patches for EPOE and CR

Changelog:

[i][b]A16[/b]
Nothing yet
[/i]

FAQ:
[Q] Can I add your mods to a modpack?
[A] Yes!
[Q] Can I re-upload your mod somewhere else?
[A] No.
[Q] Will you add a stargate?
[A] No!
[Q] Do I need anything else to use your mod?
[A] Nope!

Credits:
Carnov (Textures)
CPT.OHU (Humanoid Alien Races)
Erdelf (Humanoid Alien Races modifications)

Legal & Permission:
The contents of this mod pack are the intellectual property of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.. This is simply a fan-made mod made, to show our love for this amazing franchise. No copyright infringement intended!

Helixien

Description
When I was young, one of my favorite TV Show was Stargate! Now, after so many years I still feel the same nostalgia and I am not the only one. Back in A8, Carnov made a mod which brought the Jaffa with weapons and armor into Rimworld. And now with A16, I once again bring them back! They are not lore friendly and I wont even make an excuss for why they may be. If you are a Stargate fan like myself, you will love the mod! Enjoy!

Features:

• Custom head texture! Fully working with all vanilla and modded hairstyles!
  • Custom Jaffa Armor and helmets!
  • Three new, hidden Factions! Each with a unique helmet! (Anubis, Ra and Apophis)
  • Custom names! Each Jaffa has a chance to spawn with a custom name!
  • New Weapons! The Ma'Tok Staff and the Zat'nik'tel! Each with custom sounds!
  • Longer Lifespan than normal humans!

Important:
TThis mod does NOT aim to convert RimWorld into Stargate! That said, the lore of the Stargate Universe does only matter to a certain degree for me!
To use this mod with an existing save, use Faction Discovery by Orion!

Download:
A16 / Dropbox
A16 / STEAM

How to install:

• Download and unzip the mod into your rimworld "Mods" folder.
  • Launch RimWorld and activate the mod.
  • Now simply start a now colony and enjoy!

Changelog:
A16 / 4.0 / 07.01.2017:
- Updated the mod to A16.
- Rebuild the mod form the ground up!
- Added the Humanoid Alien Races Framework!

abbelsap

Hydromancerx

Helixien

Quote from: abbelsap on January 06, 2017, 05:47:50 PM
Cool! Where can I find the download link? :)

It is already on Steam, but I am to tired to add it here today, so I will do that tomorrow.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 06, 2017, 05:48:51 PM

So your not adding the stargate? Why not?

I am not a programmer, so I cant update the code or make it do anything useful. Also I would need far better looking textures to be happy with it. Both stuff I do not have^^

Seeker89

TerrorThomasCao

Just tell me if this isn't your mod honestly I'm not sure but I got a Black market Trader ship and they were selling Ma'Tok staffs and I'm not sure this is supposed to happen.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Exende

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on February 04, 2017, 02:03:59 PM
Just tell me if this isn't your mod honestly I'm not sure but I got a Black market Trader ship and they were selling Ma'Tok staffs and I'm not sure this is supposed to happen.

looks like you downloaded the 300 mod by mistake

Love

Cabdono

Quote from: Love on May 30, 2017, 05:39:32 PM
July 1st? Are you a time traveller?

He's just using the correct-for-the-rest-of-the-world date format.