Is silver in use in Alpha 3 or is it a mod or something?

Started by City Builder, April 11, 2014, 05:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

Hi,

Trying to play Alpha 3 and at the top left of my screen it shows that I have something like 900+ silver.

I contact a trader through the comms device but any time that I try to buy what they have, they tell me I don't have enough silver.  But the game tells me that I've got 900+ silver.

Not sure if this is part of the game or maybe a mod that I installed as I installed the "big bang" mod pack.  In any event, game doesn't recognize that I have the silver when trying to trade but it tells me that I've got over 900 silver in the upper left hand corner of the game screen.

OmegaConstruct

Not a bug, silver is part of the vanilla game. You need to put your silver by the trade beacon. Build a stockpile zone inside the beacon's radius and set it to only hold silver. And do the same thing for anything else you want to sent to a trader. You can't send anything if it isn't next to the beacon.

jamieg

Quote from: OmegaConstruct on April 11, 2014, 05:19:07 AM
Not a bug, silver is part of the vanilla game. You need to put your silver by the trade beacon. Build a stockpile zone inside the beacon's radius and set it to only hold silver. And do the same thing for anything else you want to sent to a trader. You can't send anything if it isn't next to the beacon.

Couldnt have said it better if i tried ;)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

City Builder

Quote from: OmegaConstruct on April 11, 2014, 05:19:07 AM

Thanks very much.  I highly doubt that I would have thought of that by myself, it just never occurred to me, I just assumed that the trade beacons radius ring was where things would be landing when I make trades, not that it needed to have the resource that I want to trade inside of it too.

Much appreciated.

Semmy

The fun thing is silver has been in use since a2 d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

City Builder

Quote from: Semmy on April 11, 2014, 09:48:55 AM
The fun thing is silver has been in use since a2 d-;

And I'll bet that the tooltip instructions telling me that things need to be inside of it's radius has been there since alpha 2 as well.  I guess because I just thought it was a drop off point I never looked at the description/tool tip/instructions of the beacon.  Whoops, my bad.

OmegaConstruct

Glad to help :)

The confusion probably comes from the fact that in A2 the launchpads were separate stockpiles that you built apart from the trade beacon. Now in A3, the two are combined.

madpluck

I don't get it! I have all that silver in a stockpile that accepts nothing but silver, right next to the trade beacon. When I contact a trader it shows I have 0 silver.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Quote from: madpluck on April 11, 2014, 05:12:05 PM
I don't get it! I have all that silver in a stockpile that accepts nothing but silver, right next to the trade beacon. When I contact a trader it shows I have 0 silver.

That should not be the case. I'm concerned this could be a bug.

Can you attach a savegame where this is happening? And perhaps the output_log from your Data folder? You'll want to zip them.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

a89a89

Tynan

a89a89

madpluck

Quote from: Tynan on April 11, 2014, 05:17:47 PM

Can you attach a savegame where this is happening? And perhaps the output_log from your Data folder? You'll want to zip them.

Nevermind, Tynan! It's one of the mods I'm running; I don't have the problem with all mods disabled. I'll pinpoint which mod it is when I get a chance.

EDIT: Well that didn't take much. It's the Resource Kompression mod, which I thought had been updated for Alpha 3!

Tynan

Quote from: madpluck on April 11, 2014, 05:47:17 PM
Quote from: Tynan on April 11, 2014, 05:17:47 PM

Nevermind, Tynan! It's one of the mods I'm running; I don't have the problem with all mods disabled. I'll pinpoint which mod it is when I get a chance.

EDIT: Well that didn't take much. It's the Resource Kompression mod, which I thought had been updated for Alpha 3!

Can you notify the creator?

madpluck