[A16] CTD after raiding 8-10 settlements in one sitting.

Started by Rhyssia, January 06, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhyssia

What the circumstances were.
Loaded modpack "Hardcore-SK" and began testing this bug reported to mod author [Crash after raiding multiple settlements]. I eventually triggered the crash to desktop.

What happened.
I crashed to desktop

What you expected to happen.
A crash to desktop, but when I had shown the error log to Skyarkhangel, he suggested it is memory leak in Rimworld.

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 1486672.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 1486672.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 1486672.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 1486672.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 1486672!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 1486672B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: VertexData
Allocation happend at: Line:92 in
Memory overview

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
I think you would have to raid 30 or more settlements in one playthrough. Since "Hardcore-SK" has a bigger memory footprint, I would expect it happens much faster.

Savegame
I am not sure it would be needed due to circumstances.

Log File
Attached, search for !!!! to find start of useful logging.

Skyarkhangel thought this link might be of importance in understanding the error.
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/crashes-when-loading-a-certain-scene-but-scene-loads-in-editor-solved.424972/

-edit-
Added brief code tag.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog