manhunt caravan

Started by Ukanda, January 07, 2017, 09:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukanda

i dont face this yet but i'm wonder if manhunt attack you during caravan how to deal it. if man hunt attack base is fine shoot indoor. but caravan you have no secure perimeter at all how to fight with them. i thought there should be option to make colonist can switch weapon to melee to that would be cool

b0rsuk

I haven't tried caravans yet, and don't know how big the ambush maps are. But wooden walls are super fast to build. You could carry emergency wood with you.

A Friend

You're given a very small map. You spawn on one side and the manhunters on the other. Never tried building but I think wargs are fast enough to get to your builders before you can finish construction.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

b0rsuk

Then I guess you need to travel with a herd of elephants.

Zhentar

I found my Muffalo to generally be sufficient

kilgoar

After confronting muffalo manhunters with 6 well equipped badass melee fighters, 3 died. I was just lucky they weren't boomalopes. You are onto something with switching weapons - it's what I do. Carrying just a few assault rifles, charge rifles, sniper rifles, lmg, heavy smg, even shotgun and then switching to melee as they close in on you is the best strat I've found so far. Basically you just drop the melee out of inventory and onto the ground (there's a downward pointing arrow) and equip it just as they close in on you.

Probably you aren't having trouble with raiders or tribes but during those events personal shields and melee weapons make it all too easy.

b0rsuk

Interesting, so caravans actually make backgrounds like Medieval Lord (Melee, Shooting) valuable and not redundant!