[A16] Mods persist after unsubscribing [FIXED]

Started by Fafn1r, January 07, 2017, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

I have three mods that are being re-downloaded, even though I unsubscribed from all of them.
817637750 - AC-Smart Speed [A16]
817697107 - AC-Enhanced Crafting [A16]
819213943 - PermaDeathNameFixer (A16)

1. Unsubscribed mods. They don't get deleted automatically from the steamapps/workshop/content/.../ folder.
2. Deleted them manually. They get downloaded with Steam as if I'm still subscribing to them.

They have different IDs that the same mods listed in the Workshop. It's as if they're leftover versions, maybe hidden files that are still subscribed?

It wouldn't be a big problem, because I can just disable them. However once I wasn't able to launch the game (crash on startup), because I had two exactly the same mods. I "fixed" it by unsubscribing to the visible mod and leaving the persistent one.

Calahan

Are you experiencing the same problem that is being reported in the following thread.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29229.0

Or is your problem unrelated?

Fafn1r

I've never seen this "Downloading..." thing, my Rimworld crashed immedietly on startup when I experienced the bug.

I haven't tried removing the persisting mods by reinstalling the game yet. Will do and report if they still are being redownloaded after that.

skullywag

If that doesnt work open up your steam folder and find the workshop folders for the mods (I cant remember the ID for rimworld but some should know it) and delete them from that folder manually.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fafn1r

Quote from: skullywag on January 09, 2017, 10:51:19 AM
If that doesnt work open up your steam folder and find the workshop folders for the mods (I cant remember the ID for rimworld but some should know it) and delete them from that folder manually.

I did and they got re-downloaded.

The issue seems to be fixed - the mods disappeared from my in-game mod list. Maybe it was an error within Steam that has been fixed.