Stop friendly fire

Started by asquirrel, January 07, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

There's got to be a way to stop friendly fire. Are there any mods that will reduce or better yet stop this?  Thanks! :)

schizmo

Not sure if there are mods or not but as a suggestion thread I do like the idea of colonists being a little more aware of friendly fire. I wouldn't want it eliminated but if they could be more cautious that would be awesome.

Serenity

There is now a button to stop people from shooting.

Also you can stack pawns directly behind each other and they won't shoot the ones in front

asquirrel

Quote from: Serenity on January 07, 2017, 04:46:49 PM
There is now a button to stop people from shooting.

Also you can stack pawns directly behind each other and they won't shoot the ones in front

With my game my guys are shooting each other left and right. I had some raiders in a room.  One of my guy is in front of the open door.  My other guy shoots the guy in the doorframe right in the back.   Other scenario my guys are outside shooting at some raiders.  People in the back are shooting people in the front.  It's horrible. 

This don't shoot people in front of you feature.  Was this just implemented in Alpha 16? 

I'm thinking the easiest way to implement this feature is to put a friendly fire toggle under preferences.  That way pawns do not shoot each other, no matter what.

Other thing.  Has anyone been able to figure a way to mod turrets to target hostile animals?  I know it sounds unfair but if the turrets can automatically target hostile raiders they should be able to target hostile animals. I'm not just talking about auto targeting them during psychic phenomenon incidents. Either put in a way to manually target them or automatically target them with the turrets.

schizmo

I'm pretty sure they already DO shoot at hostile animals, like ones with manhunter active. As far as I know the only animals they won't shoot are ones tagged for hunting.

asquirrel

Quote from: schizmo on January 07, 2017, 06:29:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they already DO shoot at hostile animals, like ones with manhunter active. As far as I know the only animals they won't shoot are ones tagged for hunting.

Yeah, they do shoot at manhunter packs. I forgot to include that as another type of incident.  The problem is when a predator kills one of my muffalos and I don't have enough time to get out there before it is torn to shreds.   Or I want my turrets to take down a certain type of predator that comes within range of my base to it doesn't kill my muffalos. 

Sirportalez

With ff off you can send in your melees while shooting rockets or grens at them enemies.