(A16) Tranq Turrets (updated 1/9/17)

Started by amodchecker, January 08, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amodchecker

as requested by Switter here it is

its a tiny mod that adds in a variant of improvised turrets that incapacitates instead of killing pawns
please leave feedback and your thoughts on it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0uu434w3y8zfaw/Tranq_TurretsV1.1.zip

P.S anyone want an updated version of Tougher Mechinoids?

this mod is save game compatible and should be compatible with other turret mods
i don't have rimworld on steam so i can't upload to the workshop there but someone could upload it on my behalf if thay follow the license in my sig and try to keep it 2 or less versions behind
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

asquirrel

Sweet!  Thanks man!  No more prison break problems. :P

amodchecker

Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 02:19:12 PM
Sweet!  Thanks man!  No more prison break problems. :P

you wellcome,  but be carfull, these turrets can kill with pain alone if one target gets hit to much (but thay shoulden't keep firing at a target for that long)
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

asquirrel

Sweet.  Thanks for that heads up.  Anyway, better than having my pawns get out of bed to beat the living S*** out of the escapees for trying to escape the prison with the passion of a scene from The Walking Dead.  :D

leestriter

Quote from: amodchecker on January 08, 2017, 01:40:25 PM
P.S anyone want an updated version of Tougher Mechinoids?
Yeah I'd use it.

asquirrel

How tough are we talking?  Mechanoids are pretty freaking tough right now.  What was that mod that made all those different type of mechanoids?  You know, they had those little squealer ones that would grab you and slice you up like that Screamers movie from the 80's?

amodchecker

Quote from: asquirrel on January 08, 2017, 03:49:15 PM
How tough are we talking?  Mechanoids are pretty freaking tough right now.  What was that mod that made all those different type of mechanoids?  You know, they had those little squealer ones that would grab you and slice you up like that Screamers movie from the 80's?

tough enough to just laugh at your attempts to kill them,  in my A12D mod i had to add in a new turret to kill them and even though it ignored armor it still took a lot of shots to bring a centipede down,  i could try to add in a new mechanoid (or 2) but i might not be able to get the game to use it in a balanced manor, making the body is easy (just takes time), but balancing it isen't as easy and the AI might give me some problems (i can only do XML coding) i will see what i can do though.

Switter

But there are a problems) turret have little hp and big spread and long reloading(one-two turret's don't problem for prisoners). And turret need very lot shots(don't fact, that prisoners will alive), 5-7, if i place more than 4 turret, this kill prisoners. if i place 1-2, prisoners explode turrets. And the rifle is too large spread of bullets. I understand that the NPC break down when the bullet hits to the leg? Can do so that when the one shot fell colonists? How in remote explosive, effect sleeping gas don't kill prisoners. Maybe can create sleeping rocket launcher use the code of mod "remote explosion"?
Of course, I twirled values in def's for the rifle, but after 5-6 shots colonists still die.

amodchecker

Quote from: Switter on January 08, 2017, 10:46:27 PM
But there are a problems) turret have little hp and big spread and long reloading(one-two turret's don't problem for prisoners). And turret need very lot shots(don't fact, that prisoners will alive), 5-7, if i place more than 4 turret, this kill prisoners. if i place 1-2, prisoners explode turrets. And the rifle is too large spread of bullets. I understand that the NPC break down when the bullet hits to the leg? Can do so that when the one shot fell colonists? How in remote explosive, effect sleeping gas don't kill prisoners. Maybe can create sleeping rocket launcher use the code of mod "remote explosion"?
Of course, I twirled values in def's for the rifle, but after 5-6 shots colonists still die.
yah,  i noticed the lack of takedown power and the long reload (i know i diden't set the reload to that long) im uploading an updated version that should fix the problems, i will take a look into the sleeping gas idea

amodchecker

ok everyone,  iv fixed all the bugs and now the turrets only kill the few unlucky pawns who get an entire volley of shots, download link updated to V1.1 so please redownload to make sure you have the correct version (or you might have pawns dieing of pain or lack of consciousness)
next turret to be added will be a gas turret for indoor and prison usage, link and version will be updated to V1.2 after its added (should be in a day or day and a half, depending on how hard the textures end up being)

skullywag

The game has a mechanism to randomly kill downed pawns. Theres no way round that currently bar a detour.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

amodchecker

Quote from: skullywag on January 10, 2017, 03:15:35 AM
The game has a mechanism to randomly kill downed pawns. Theres no way round that currently bar a detour.
that works in my favor right now,  adds in a bit of realism,  sometimes the turrets will overdose a pawn (which fits with the "hacked together A.I" part)

edit: the reason the mod was killing pawns was becouse the pawns where overloaded with pain or the consciousness was reduced to far below zero

FoxXeL

Quote from: amodchecker on January 10, 2017, 03:19:47 AM

Are you talking about the random death chance?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27580.0

amodchecker

Quote from: FoxXeL on January 10, 2017, 03:41:52 AM
Quote from: amodchecker on January 10, 2017, 03:19:47 AM

Are you talking about the random death chance?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27580.0

i don't know if my turrets suffer from this issue,  the turrets just cause a reduction in moving,  and id have to do more testing,  but the only times in the little testing iv done so far where pawns died was when all the turrets targeted the same pawn,  other then that the pawns where incapped just as thay should have been

MineFoxC

why not use the ingame "STUNNED" condition?
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?