[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

UPDATE: Animals have been divided into three categories which means not every part is available on every animal (for balancing reasons) Please read further down in this post for info!.

THIS IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EPOE/RBSE WITHOUT ANY PATCHES

pls delete old folders/files before updating! (steam unsub and resub)

Adds prosthetics/bionics and surgeries for animals

Following parts are added to the game:

A Dog Said Research Tab: Simple Animal Prosthetics, Animal Bionics, Animal Healing

* animal brain stimulator.
* bionic animal eyes. 
* bionic animal heart.
* bionic animal lung.
* bionic animal kidney.
* bionic animal liver.
* bionic animal stomach. .
* simple/bionic animal ears. Fits animals except those without ears (birds,insects,snakes).
* simple/bionic animal jaw. 
* simple/bionic animal spine.
* simple/bionic animal arms. Fits monkey and megatherium.
* peglegs. Can be crafted with 1 wood.
* simple/bionic animal legs.
* simple prosthetic tail. Fits animals with tails.
* simple prosthetic nose. Fits animals with nose (not birds,insects)
* power claw as leg replacement

All parts can be obtained from traders, except peglegs.
All parts can be crafted at the animal prosthetics bench, after research of electricity and simple animal prosthetics

All parts need medicine skill and 1 medicine to be installed.

Animal Healing of old wounds requires research, min med skill of 10 and 3 normal medicine. (make sure animals are set to receive it)

Parts/Animals are devided into three categories as follows:

Category 1: peglegs, simple jaws, noses and tails (where applicable)

Alphabeaver
Boomrat
Capybara
Cassowary
Chicken
Chinchilla
Cobra
Deer
Emu
Gazelle
Hare
Hare Snow
Ibex
Iguana
Megascarab
Raccoon
Rat
Squirrel
Tortoise
Turkey

Category 2: category 1 + simple prosthetics, ears/eyes/organs

Alpaca
Boomalope
Caribou
Cat
Cow
Dromedary
Elk
Fox Fennec
Fox Arctic
Fox Red
Monkey
Muffalo
Ostrich
Pig
Spelopede
Wild Boar
Yorkie

Category 3: categories 1+2 + bionics, powerclaws

Bear Grizzly
Bear Polar
Cougar
Elphant
Husky
Labrador
Lynx
Megasloth
Megaspider
Panther
Rhino
Thrumbo
Warg
Wolf Arctic
Wolf Timber

NOTE: Make sure your animals are set to receive medicine in their healthtab before performing any surgery!

witchyspoon

reserved.

amodchecker

minor quibble:  megaspiders aren't in the XMLs
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

JABBA2000

witchyspoon

Quote from: amodchecker on January 08, 2017, 09:41:17 PM
uhh...what? megaspiders aren't included in this mod (if that's what you mean) bc they are not tameable in vanilla afaik.

amodchecker

Quote from: spoonshortage on January 08, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
uhh...what? megaspiders aren't included in this mod (if that's what you mean) bc they are not tameable in vanilla afaik.
true,  but the mod does have megascarabs and (i think) spelopedes in it, and while thay aren't tamable im sure im not the only one who uses EBD prep carefully to take at least one down with me on a "habitable" map, if you would like i can update the XML in question to include them

edit: the reason i use megaspiders is because thay are very hard to kill, iv had megaspiders take 17 or more gunshots and still make it back to the doc on there own 6 legs (at least one of those shots was a sniper rifle shot)
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

witchyspoon

Quote from: amodchecker on January 08, 2017, 09:47:00 PM
Quote from: spoonshortage on January 08, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
true,  but the mod does have megascarabs and (i think) spelopedes in it, and while thay aren't tamable im sure im not the only one who uses EBD prep carefully to take at least one down with me on a "habitable" map, if you would like i can update the XML in question to include them

I am pretty sure that I only had the megascarabs included in here since I made this back in July...bc that is actually the one insect that can be tamed. but feel free to add them for yourself if you use mods that enable you to tame megaspiders and spelopedes.

Smexy_Vampire

metle grear riseing revengence blade wolf can now be made :D

mrlambo

asquirrel

Mother of goodness, it's back!  Now to fix the missing eye on my mamuffalo. :)

General Shrooms

Quote from: Rah on January 11, 2017, 03:16:37 PM
Here is the ADogSaid - EPOE Hardcore Version patch for EPOE Hardcore Version

I can't seem to get these 2 mods to work together. I'm either downloading the wrong versions or in the wrong order (possibly both)

Madman666

Hey, thanks for a very cool mod! You probably was already asked about this, but can you perhaps add some kind of animal armor implants? Like simple underskin metal plates for simple tier and advanced nano-fiber skin implants for bionic tier? Not something that equips, but rather implants that increase animal armor rating. Those useless tortoises are so tough, I really want my bionic wardogs to have that toughness))