[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fl0

its not about the hauling, i really dont care if they can only haul one stack. its somehow logical, i can carry a spoon easily. i can also carry 30kg without problems. but i cant carry 30kg of spoons, at least not only with my bare hands. its okay for me if hauling is limited in weight and volume at the same time.
just the caravan thing "annoys" me, so i thought i ask here if theres a possibility to adjust that. i think spoonshortage's guess with the body size is right, i noticed the same factor too. muffaloes have a  body size of 2.1, which equals their hunger rate (2.1=2.1*1 (amazing calculation :D)) and which seems to also equal  the weight they can carry in a caravan. humans can carry 35 if i remember correctly and muffaloes can carry 73.5=2.1*35.
who knows, maybe tynan adjusts the formula in future so that it makes more sense. in my opinion the weight limit should correlate to the carry capacity while hauling. because i am pretty confident i could carry 30 kg of spoons if they are in a bag tied to my back.

Napple

By increasing the overall stacksize everything including the animals can haul more based on size and other traits which increase hauling capacity. Without you will be limited by 75.

fl0

yeah, i know. again, i dont care about limited hauling capabilities.

if you put an animal on a caravan, it can carry multiple stacks anyways. even if the stacklimit was 5, it would carry as much as its "caravan weight limit" would allow it to carry, no matter if it had to carry 1 stack or 900.

i think  you misunderstood my "problem". if you pimp a pet with bionics, its hauling ability goes up (well, up to the stack limit) because hauling is tied to its manipulation stat. so a weak pet can carry more heavy stuff at once with a bionic spine, but still limited by stack limit. this mechanic is fine with me, i tried to explain with the spoon example why it makes sense to me.
but caravan capacity seems to be tied to the body size of the pet, thus the carry capacity is a constant (for adult pets). that doesnt make sense to me. speaking in spoons again, if i had a bionic spine myself, i still wouldnt be able to haul 60kg of spoons with my bare hands. but thanks to the spine i should be able to carry 60kg spoons packed on my back.

anyways, its fine. i understood your advice to me, thanks for the tip with the stack limit. i wont change stack limits because im fine with the mechanic and its (logical) limits. maybe you didnt understand my problem because i didnt make it clear, since english isnt my mothertongue this could be the case.

soooo caravan capacity cant be changed easily (apparently) and i simply have to bring some more muffaloes if i want to visit multiple precious mineral spots in one go. all good!

Napple

So you want certain bionics to increase caravan carrying capacity for animals?

Canute

Bionic spine that increase the bodysize ?
Muffalo with trippleexpanded spine and 4 extra legs to carry 1000kg ?
I think thats more like a job for Genetic Rim. :-)

kubolek01

Ahhh a 35kg Ori can carry a Thrumbo with no problems. Logic of hauling...
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Canute

No, it is just the hauling system from the beginning of Rimworld.
But since we got Beta now, many existing thing will geting an overhaul, it is still a long way to the release.

SpaceDorf

I think using two droppods to send big animals is awesome  ;D ;D

As for the hauling of giant corpses, this would require a real huge rewrite to make this even remotely realistic.

Either multiple people hauling the corpse, using either pack animals or vehicles Or butchering the body on the spot to haul the parts

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

witchyspoon

UPDATE: Added armor rating to the individual parts. that doesnt make your animals invulnerable but the parts themselves can withstand a little more damage. please download B18.2 version for that and delete the old folders. unless ofc youre fine with how it is, then no need to update!

Harry_Dicks

Awesome update, thank you! I am curious what order other people put this mod along with any other mods that add critters? Because I want to say I've seen on some mod descriptions they say to put ADS before or after them, but I can't remember where.

witchyspoon

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 27, 2018, 08:28:27 AM
Awesome update, thank you! I am curious what order other people put this mod along with any other mods that add critters? Because I want to say I've seen on some mod descriptions they say to put ADS before or after them, but I can't remember where.

i guess thats for patches. patches go after so they know what to patch (bc you cant operate on modded animals unless they are patched into ADS)

titanjones

Sadly cannot add mechatentacles to my animals from GeneticRim SAD!

witchyspoon

Quote from: titanjones on April 15, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
Sadly cannot add mechatentacles to my animals from GeneticRim SAD!
well duh. genetic rim people must make a patch first this has nothing to do with me...

SargBjornson

What mechatentacles? Is that a new thing? Can't find a defname in github!

matheryn

ok this is something that ive been mulling over when looking at genetic rim - epoe - a dog said and pretty much every other awesome mod out there that alters pawns and animals, each of these mods seem to give improvements to the said pawns\animals to counter the feeble or missing limb ect but adding all these improvements up seem to start making overpowered killing/working machines which granted is nice but somewhat too easy so my idea is why not add a negative debuff to the added item - for instance adding a bionic spine - grants plus x movement speed but also causes muscle strain on other limbs due to overwork giving the animal/pawn a -20% increased mental break chance. Or something like that which seems to balance the scales a bit by making you choose weither or not the implant is worth it in the long run