[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

Quote from: Madman666 on January 16, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
Hey, thanks for a very cool mod! You probably was already asked about this, but can you perhaps add some kind of animal armor implants? Like simple underskin metal plates for simple tier and advanced nano-fiber skin implants for bionic tier? Not something that equips, but rather implants that increase animal armor rating. Those useless tortoises are so tough, I really want my bionic wardogs to have that toughness))

yeah youre right animal armor has been discussed a lot xD but unfortunately with the bit of modding I do its not possible to just add a hp/armor increase

Madman666

Oh, so its not possible because code issues, then? But bionic parts do have their hp increased compared to organic ones, right?

witchyspoon

Quote from: Madman666 on January 16, 2017, 04:21:46 PM
Oh, so its not possible because code issues, then? But bionic parts do have their hp increased compared to organic ones, right?

that hp is only for the part/item doesnt change the animals hp etc

Madman666

Quote from: spoonshortage on January 16, 2017, 04:33:00 PM

that hp is only for the part/item doesnt change the animals hp etc

I think bionic parts for people have more hp, than organic ones, when installed, so you could add more parts with generous hp pools, that protect vital areas - mainly torso and head, which will give animal hp boost. That'll give it significantly more survivability. Mind you, its still can just die of unlucky shot to the brain or liver (replacing all organs just for hp boost is way too much work), but most of the shots land on torso (like 30-35% probability from dev mode if I am not mistaken).

edit: Sorry, I take it back - somehow I was pretty sure, that bionic parts when installed on humans had more hp, than organic ones (makes sense actually), but that not true... Damn. No armored wardogs for us then. Its just they are so squishy even after enhancement they do attack harder with bionic jaws and paws, but they still drop like flies(

ethanwdp

Just curious, are advanced bionics planned to be added?

witchyspoon

Quote from: ethanwdp on January 23, 2017, 11:40:31 AM
Just curious, are advanced bionics planned to be added?
not at this time. probably never.

gendalf

can I transplant organs/limbs from other animals or only craft new?

witchyspoon

Quote from: gendalf on January 26, 2017, 11:36:19 AM
can I transplant organs/limbs from other animals or only craft new?
only new ones. you cannot remove natural parts from animals

Fallingar

What about a shield implant for animal armor?

Lethe

There's a "with Lamia" version on Dropbox. Does it add a new animal "Lamia" into the game? Or does it just offers replacement parts for it, and is meant to go along with this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845431906&searchtext=

XeoNovaDan

Could you make a separate version for EPOE 2.0?

The only change required is to change all animal organ RecipeUser defs to TableOrgans

wreckcelsior

I'm hoping you can help me with a loading problem...
I'm trying to use " ADogSaid-NoCrafting A16" and "ADogSaid - EPOE patchA16" in that load order and I get this message:

Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ThingDef named TableSurrogates
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LoaderHelper:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode)
Verse.WantedRefForList`1:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.CrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.XmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
Verse.KeyPrefs:Init()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Am I missing something?
EDIT:  I also have the EPOE 2.0 loaded before both of them...

cheers for any and all help.

kamikamyu

Hi, is it possible to have this mod work with non-vanilla animals?  I really like this mod and the ZWAnimals mod, but noticed that unfortunately they don't work together :c

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: kamikamyu on April 29, 2017, 05:54:04 AM
Hi, is it possible to have this mod work with non-vanilla animals?

You'd need to make a patch for the mod. Basically you need to add the def names of the ZWAnimals into the surgery options for "A Dog Said"

kaptain_kavern

Hi spoony I'm kinda back for now (I had to borrow a computer for the time being). I still have less free time than when A15/A16 but more than lately.

Hope you are doing well !!!