[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

fixed two bugs with research/ and nocrafting version, pls reload.

dragonheck

thank you for such a quick response I am glad to have proof that you are still an active mod creator We all know that with every game update it is a challenge to update everything and tends to wear down the creative soul so here is for u  :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D :)

witchyspoon

fixed some research related stuff yesterday. if you had problems with neolithic research on prosthetics but need of electricity which is industrial, I have fixed that. pls reload the 2.1 versions from git or dropbox (on steam should already be updated)

witchyspoon

Shall I add sizes for limbs back into the mod (not before A18)?

Pros:  damage more logical on smaller/bigger animals

Cons: powerclaws and scytherblades only for certain animals
         less easy to obtain the fitting part from traders (for those who play without crafting)
         more recipes on the bench list
         more clutter in your stockpiles if you have lots of different sized animals
         people have to remember what part goes on what animal

please vote on the strawpoll here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13321525

kaptain_kavern

dookie

I finally got a chance to try out this new version of the mod.  I like the new features such as curing old ailments and research.   

Thank you very much for the update.

I voted "no" for 2 reasons, and neither have to do with attack squirrels--I only rarely use animals in combat:
1) unless LBE updates his "easy patcher" accordingly, this will create more compatibility issues when using other mods which add animals
2) this is a personal play style issue that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.  I dislike making prosthetics/bionics for pawns unless it's injured or wounded, and when several are afflicted it's already hard enough to remember which and how many parts need to be made.  The limb sizes would add another layer of micromanagement and lead to a harder time procuring animal parts.  There's usually a bunch of unused parts taking up space that I've wasted resources/silver on because I made mistakes assuming they were what were needed.

In any case, I appreciate the thought and work put into this.  Thanks again.

Someone64

Attached are some ADS patches for ADS 2.0 since most if not all mod authors have not updated their patches for their mods as of the time of posting this.

Included are patches for:

• Beasts of The Rim
  • Animal Collab Project
  • Cults
  • Doomalopes
  • Elemental Boomalopes
  • Orassans (it's a faction mod but includes 1 animal)
  • Project Fallout
  • Resource Muffaloes

They're all stored in separate mod folders inside the zip file.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Jedi0n

Quote from: Someone64 on July 01, 2017, 07:42:23 AM
Attached are some ADS patches for ADS 2.0 since most if not all mod authors have not updated their patches for their mods as of the time of posting this.

Included are patches for:

• Beasts of The Rim
  • Animal Collab Project
  • Cults
  • Doomalopes
  • Elemental Boomalopes
  • Orassans (it's a faction mod but includes 1 animal)
  • Project Fallout
  • Resource Muffaloes

They're all stored in separate mod folders inside the zip file.

Thank you for the patches. If only they were just an if then else statement to indicate them running rather than me managing a folder for them individually, but still very nice of you.

EDIT:: It would appear the zip file is corrupt. Folders work but files will not extract. I've re-downloaded to make sure... :(

Someone64

Eh, don't bother trying again. I made some mistakes when editing. I'll fix them up then upload again. Make sure you're using 7-zip when extracting the files (maybe it corrupted because I'm using a new version with experimental compression methods, though or method that Winrar if you're using that isn't compatible with yet).

EDIT: Done. Also, how would one handle animals that have odd bodyparts such as tentacles, fins (for fish and stuff), wings, etc? I'm not familiar with modding at all and I would like to know how to patch in bodyparts not included in A Dog Said by default in a separate mod folder.

Someone64

Okay I SWEAR this is my last attempt and I made absolutely sure this time that I didn't screw it up. Please download this final copy of it instead of the one in the previous post. I accidentally forgot to delete some parts that weren't supposed to be there and forgot to add Ori to oldwounds. I also put it in an ordinary zip format.

Mosart

I downloaded A dog said no crafting patch. Arent it needed an additional RBSE/EPOE patch as in 1.7.0 version?

witchyspoon

Quote from: Mosart on July 02, 2017, 09:47:03 AM
I downloaded A dog said no crafting patch. Arent it needed an additional RBSE/EPOE patch as in 1.7.0 version?

there is no "no crafting patch". there is only a nocrafting version. that is only for when you want no crafting of the parts ingame. to be honest you get the same if you just use the full version but dont research the crafting or build the bench. that is why I will discontinue the nocrafting version in the next alpha.
you do not need any patches for EPOE or RBSE for the mod to work. you never needed any.

Mosart

Quote from: spoonshortage on July 02, 2017, 11:40:48 AM
Quote from: Mosart on July 02, 2017, 09:47:03 AM

there is no "no crafting patch". there is only a nocrafting version. that is only for when you want no crafting of the parts ingame. to be honest you get the same if you just use the full version but dont research the crafting or build the bench. that is why I will discontinue the nocrafting version in the next alpha.
you do not need any patches for EPOE or RBSE for the mod to work. you never needed any.

Thank you for ansswer. I see that RBSE author also propose to use your mod without any patches. So will try it.

witchyspoon

UPDATE for the poll:
After a few days of consideration I have decided that the cons of this far outweigh the one pro, so I will not be adding different sizes. I know the pros are in the majority in the poll (30:21 right now) but that is also still too many against, in my opinion. I would rather keep the mod as is, instead of adding complication and more negative things. People barely even noticed the whole thing before this discussion came up anyway.

here the pros and cons again:

Pros:  damage more logical on smaller/bigger animals

Cons: powerclaws and scytherblades only for a few animals
         quite difficult to obtain the fitting part from traders (for those who play without crafting)
         more recipes on the bench list
         more clutter in your stockpiles if you have lots of different sized animals
         you have to remember which part goes on which animal
         three or four categories of "damage" would still not be enough to make sense completely

kaptain_kavern

For thus who don't already know:

It was something that was in the original mod by Latta when Spoonshortage, Nattie and me decide to update it. And IIRC we all agreed back then that it was "too complicated for nothing" to keep it that way.

And looks like we were good advised because as you said :
Quote from: spoonshortage on July 04, 2017, 09:29:20 AM
People barely even noticed the whole thing before this discussion came up anyway.