[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubolek01

Quote from: spincrus on September 17, 2017, 06:26:32 PM
I've read through a couple of pages on both this thread and the xpath thread, but I don't think I've found my answer.

Let's say, I have an animal mod (in my case, Dinosauria), into which I actually want to embed the patch for A Dog Said, via the xpath method. Just injecting the species names into the recipe users.

Would this cause a problem with those who don't have A Dog Said? Does the xpath method in A17 currently ignore the xpath method if the Defs for A Dog Said aren't found?

What I mean is, would embedding the xpath code into my current mod make A Dog Said a required item?

Thanks in advance!
It couldn't. I had other mod which has patchable content, and it worked even without patcher (no error in logs). So don't worry!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

maculator

Does the NoCrafting Version support organ harvesting?
So can I grab a lets say kidney from small animal X and implant it in my beloved dog?

witchyspoon

Quote from: maculator on September 21, 2017, 06:20:59 AM
Does the NoCrafting Version support organ harvesting?
So can I grab a lets say kidney from small animal X and implant it in my beloved dog?

sorry for the late reply, but no organ harvesting is not something you can do with this mod.

Hu3Br

This mod works on Dinosauria? if not do you have a patch? ???

witchyspoon

Quote from: Hu3Br on October 29, 2017, 01:39:07 PM
This mod works on Dinosauria? if not do you have a patch? ???

you need to talk to the author of the mod you use to provide a patch. I dont do patches for animal mods that arent mine, bc there are just too many different ones.

kaptain_kavern

For the record, we have some docs on how to make that kind of mod, here: https://github.com/spoonshortage/A_Dog_Said/issues/1

witchyspoon

Spoon's A18 Mods for testing

Includes:

A Dog Said, RIMkea, fashionRIMsta, Halloween Addon, Spoons Hair Mod, Noku Mushrooms, GenLeather, GouRIMet

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g0369use2fenwmc/AADCBnMDZXhM_I7ifD5tuv_Ta?dl=0

the nocrafting version will no longer be updated, since its quite redundant now. If you dont want stuff to be crafted, just dont research the crafting

witchyspoon

new B18 update is officially live on dropbox/steam/github

pls comment if you find any bugs.

Necromenta

Quote from: spoonshortage on November 18, 2017, 03:31:07 AM
new B18 update is officially live on dropbox/steam/github

pls comment if you find any bugs.

Hey! what´s the difference between lite and normal version?

Canute

QuoteFull Version - with crafting/all parts/own animal prosthetics bench
Lite Version - with crafting/only limbs/own animal prosthetics bench

giogio

Will sterilize animals be part of this mod?
Every Colonist starts from Muffalo...wait, what?

witchyspoon

Quote from: giogio on November 19, 2017, 09:07:19 AM
Will sterilize animals be part of this mod?
No...it has never been. And I think its also not possible without c# or something? I know fluffy had the birds and bees mod that gave every pawn reproductive organs that could also be removed...but that is not something i will/want to do.

Canute

A17 Neuter Animals Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31660.0
This is a simple mod that allows you to neuter/spay animals and prevent them from breeding!

witchyspoon

Quote from: Canute on November 19, 2017, 09:37:59 AM
A17 Neuter Animals Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31660.0
This is a simple mod that allows you to neuter/spay animals and prevent them from breeding!

"simple"  :P  ...like I said c# is not something I can do  ;) but thank you for linking that I think I'll use it too! (when it gets updated for B18)

SargBjornson

Hi! I was trying to patch Genetic Rim to have native A dog Said support, and this line is giving me problems:

<xpath>/Defs/RecipeDef[@Name = "OldWoundsAnimal"]/recipeUsers</xpath>

I don't know why, since it seems to be correct, and it workd in A17... The rest of the patch operations work, since they reference nodes by defname, but this one referencing by the "Name" attribute always fails. Any clues as to why?

And furthermore, what does "OldWoundsAnimal" do? XD