[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I don't think the Rimworld combat system is that complex that it give for any possbible hand/leg/tentacle/tail/... an extra attack.
They just increase the damage these animal are doing with his main attack.
But the mellee attack system at rimworld got low priority at the develop anyway.

witchyspoon

Quote from: Canute on November 28, 2017, 09:50:49 AM
I don't think the Rimworld combat system is that complex that it give for any possbible hand/leg/tentacle/tail/... an extra attack.
They just increase the damage these animal are doing with his main attack.
But the mellee attack system at rimworld got low priority at the develop anyway.
they do actually. at least the jaw, front paws and claws or horns etc def do. the tails i dont think so.

kaptain_kavern

Indeed Tails do not have the attack <tools>, formerly <verb>, but the added ScytherBlade is an Hediff with those attack <tools>, so I'm pretty sure it should use the blade to attack using parameters defined in the Hediff <tools>, hence the DPS increase.

With the new combat log, it shouldn't be hard to verify I guess :p

Mst

Recently found an Autopatcher mod on steam. Is it recommended for use over individual compatibility patches for different mods?

kaptain_kavern

Nope, in fact, it's the opposite as it is outdated.

Using the Autopatcher mod and your modded animal will not be able to heal scars and old injuries

Mst

Thanks! Unsubscribing immediately. Strangely it showed under 0.18 filter.

P.S. I got the name wrong, it's called Easy Patcher, but does the same thing.

Tsunamy

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 07, 2017, 08:58:50 AM
Nope, in fact, it's the opposite as it is outdated.

Using the Autopatcher mod and your modded animal will not be able to heal scars and old injuries

This is wrong. It's been updated to support animal healing on December 2nd. Please check before telling someone to stop using a mod someone has worked hard on.

Mst

Quote from: Tsunamy on December 07, 2017, 09:27:36 AM
This is wrong. It's been updated to support animal healing on December 2nd. Please check before telling someone to stop using a mod someone has worked hard on.

Guess it's my fault, I got the name wrong. Maybe Autoupdater is really outdated.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Tsunamy on December 07, 2017, 09:27:36 AM

This mod used to be out-dated for a long time. How should I suppose to guess it was updated 3/4 days ago after being "dead" since June?   :o    And don't get me wrong, I respect work and I work hard too for mod users, including you if you're an ADS user  :-*.

But you can't tell me that one update in six months is working hard compared to some modders in here that update their mods daily or weekly

Anyhow, it wasn't meant to be disrespectful and/or flame the auto-patcher mod author. In fact, I tried to reach him several time since the mod was outdated.

We spend time explaining modders to not use something they can't updates by themselves, that they better use a good old XML patch they made themselves - We provided docs - rather than using a tool like that, I mean something more complex; if they can't update it themselves.

Which is great but wasn't updated since June before the last one update. I have nothing against this particular tool/mod, it's more a general idea

Now if it's updated and working fine it's great. But as soon as something will change again in ADS code the problem will be there again.

Spoonshortage and I aren't directly releasing/managing something like that because of code complexity, for us, we only do XML code and don't want nothing too fancy and/or complex.

Using this patch is working apparently, and it use to be at first in June, it's just that we can't directly support or help for it.

I'm currently doing some research - with technical help from other modders - for making a better guide "how to patch your modded animal for ADS" and how to integrate it directly in your animal mod without the need to release a separate patch/mod. Once done, documentation and code templates will be provided as usual

o7

Mst

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 07, 2017, 10:44:56 AM
I'm currently doing some research - with technical help from other modders - for making a better guide "how to patch your modded animal for ADS" and how to integrate it directly in your animal mod without the need to release a separate patch/mod. Once done, documentation and code templates will be provided as usual

That sounds awesome! Sometimes I get really lost in all the patches needed. Right now trying hard not to forget to look up them when Alpha Animals and Megafauna will be released. Wish such technique could be implemented in race mods for RBSE.

Tsunamy

Human Alien Framework recently added a tag for for race templates for importing human surgeries. Unfortunately there's no tail support for it yet so EPOE patches are still necessary, but ADS could probably do something similar that won't require any sort of patching.

fl0

i thought i found a bug and wanted to post it, turns out im just an idiot :D

but since im already here, i got two questions: does the bionic jaw alter the eating speed somehow? it says so when i hover over the installed part, but animals have no eating entry in the healts tab, unlike humans. (just out of curiosity, not that i care at all about how long they eat).
second thing is, is there a way a bionic pimped animal could carry more weight when picked for a caravan? the carrying capacity in the stats tab goes up accordingly to the actual manipulation of the animal. thats how much it can carry when hauling stuff, but wouldnt it be logical (and convenient :D) that a bionic pimped animal can also carry more weight on their back? or are my pawns that dumb that they can install bionic parts on a formerly unknown animal species like a muffalo, but never bothered to put BIGGER bags on their backs after they installed a brand new shiny plasteel spine using only some dirty leaves they found around the corner to anesthesize the pet?

witchyspoon

Quote from: fl0 on December 22, 2017, 05:37:51 AM

but since im already here, i got two questions: does the bionic jaw alter the eating speed somehow? it says so when i hover over the installed part, but animals have no eating entry in the healts tab, unlike humans. (just out of curiosity, not that i care at all about how long they eat).
second thing is, is there a way a bionic pimped animal could carry more weight when picked for a caravan? the carrying capacity in the stats tab goes up accordingly to the actual manipulation of the animal. thats how much it can carry when hauling stuff, but wouldnt it be logical (and convenient :D) that a bionic pimped animal can also carry more weight on their back? or are my pawns that dumb that they can install bionic parts on a formerly unknown animal species like a muffalo, but never bothered to put BIGGER bags on their backs after they installed a brand new shiny plasteel spine using only some dirty leaves they found around the corner to anesthesize the pet?

ok so about the jaw...I think animals used to have an eating category in their capacities so that might be a leftover from days past...
about the weight: I wish the animals could also carry more than one stack when hauling, but alas, they game wont let anyone carry more than one stack at once no matter the ability. about caravan carrying capacity Im not sure what that one is actually tied into, it might not be the weight carrying but actually something like the body size which is set in the pawnkind def :shrug: there might be other mods that change that tho

Canute

When animals or pawn should use their possible backpack inventory, that would need a complete overhaul of the hauling system.
And that would be another mod.
In the past there was a mod with attached wagon's on a pawn which did that, but thats serveral releases ago.

Napple

Quote from: fl0 on December 22, 2017, 05:37:51 AM

Use a stacking mod since they increase the maximum stack size so your pawns and animals can haul as many as they actually can.