Cannot treat crash pod survivor who walks self into hospital

Started by eugeneb, January 08, 2017, 10:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugeneb

Just encountered the following situation: a pod with a badly injured survivor lands. I send a person to rescue them. It's pretty far from the base so it takes my colonist a while to get to that person. The colonist starts carrying the survivor but somewhere midway survivor suddenly becomes capable of walking and decides to walk to the hospital on their own instead. Luckily they manage to get to hospital alive (they were bleeding and their moving was 16%). However now the survivor is sleeping in my hospital bed and I cannot treat them so they will probably bleed out to death.

Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdyz8rwyadwagbx/2.rws?dl=0

ruddthree

I think you have to physically rescue a pawn before you can treat/feed it. I've had this same issue dealing with injured allies after a raid. if they walk to bed on their own, I don't think you can help them.

Ark

Confirmed. Spacer refugees come to your hospital to die without player interaction.

0.16.1393 rev546, Linux 64, bit no mods.

A spacer refugee arriving in a drop pod will sometimes get up on his own, and head straight to your hospital bed, where he can not be tended or fed.
There is no option for doctoring in the right-click context menu, propably because they are not your colonists, rescued, or captured.

Repro:
-Make a hospital with beds
-Shower map with refugee pods
-Wait. About 10-20% of refugees get up and head for nearest hospital bed.
-Select a doctor, try to prioritize tending to them, there is no option for that.
-Make the refugee hungry with dev tools, he cannot be fed, either.

Maybe they could plead to serve your colony in exchange for medical care and food?

Save attached, just wait and "Happy" will get up and come bleed all over the medical bed.

Related thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28675

Could someone plug this into Mantis, please?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Calahan

This looks like the same bug that was reported in the following thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28193.0

I think I'll close the above thread as that occurred with the unstable build (0.16.1391), plus there's only one post in the thread which I'll quote for convenience, and in case the log file is needed.

Quote from: mostevil on December 18, 2016, 12:49:46 PM
I just had a drop-pod drop an unconscious friendly for rescue.  I assigned someone to rescue her, but before he reached her she woke up. 
She marched all the way to the hospital trailing blood and hopped in a hospital bed.
But she wasn't treatable by context menu.
Promptly died a few hours later and as it was a sister of one of the colonists, everyone got really sad...  :'(

Didn't think someone bleeding to death should get up and walk that far.
Expect I should be able to treat a friendly in a hospital bed.

I've had others who didn't wake up and were treated.  Although they all seem to join the colony as soon as they wake up. (It'd be nice if it asked if you want them)

It's a hardcore mode so I can't supply a useful save.
Log file from right after:

Mono path[0] = 'K:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/RimWorld/RimWorldWin_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = 'K:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/RimWorld/RimWorldWin_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = 'K:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/RimWorld/RimWorldWin_Data/Mono/etc'
PlayerConnection initialized from K:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/RimWorld/RimWorldWin_Data (debug = 0)
PlayerConnection initialized network socket : 0.0.0.0 55352
Multi-casting "[IP] 192.168.1.16 [Port] 55352 [Flags] 2 [Guid] 1959626041 [EditorId] 2193808706 [Version] 1048832 [Id] WindowsPlayer(ENO8) [Debug] 0" to [225.0.0.222:54997]...
PlayerConnection already initialized - listening to [192.168.1.16:55352]
Initialize engine version: 5.4.1f1 (649f48bbbf0f)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1404]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     2032 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1 ATOC=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.249 seconds
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1200 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1200 at -1920,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.933648 ms
RimWorld 0.16.1391 rev633
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Verse.Log:Message(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:29)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Utility\Version\VersionControl.cs:83)
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:76)
Verse.Root:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:31)
Verse.Root_Entry:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Entry.cs:16)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 29)

Mods config data is from build 1390 while we are at build 1391. Resetting.
Verse.Log:Message(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:29)
Verse.ModsConfig:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModsConfig.cs:49)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:50)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:26)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:93)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:317)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:236)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 29)

Key binding conflict: NextColonist and ToggleDebugLog are both bound to BackQuote
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:46)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheckOn(KeyBindingDef, BindingSlot) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:152)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheck() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:140)
Verse.KeyPrefs:Init() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefs.cs:61)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:216)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:317)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:236)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 46)

Key binding conflict: NextColonist and ToggleDebugLog are both bound to BackQuote
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:46)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheckOn(KeyBindingDef, BindingSlot) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:152)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheck() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:141)
Verse.KeyPrefs:Init() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefs.cs:61)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:216)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 46)

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 0.708367 ms
System memory in use before: 45.3 MB.
System memory in use after: 45.6 MB.

Unloading 22 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6490.
Total: 14.481182 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.160527 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.277684 ms MarkObjects: 14.009238 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.032527 ms)

Loading game from file Flowerville (Permadeath) with mods Core
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoader.cs:17)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:29)

Loaded file is from version 0.16.1390 rev604, we are running version 0.16.1391 rev633.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Verse.Log:Warning(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:35)
Verse.ScribeMetaHeaderUtility:LoadGameDataHeader(ScribeHeaderMode, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\SaveLoad\ScribeMetaHeaderUtility.cs:75)
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoader.cs:29)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:29)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 35)

ThingContainer contained null.
Verse.ThingContainer:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingContainer.cs:129)
Verse.PostLoadInitter:DoAllPostLoadInits() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\SaveLoad\PostLoadInitter.cs:42)
Verse.Game:LoadGame() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:436)
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoader.cs:35)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
System memory in use before: 104.1 MB.
System memory in use after: 104.8 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13606.
Total: 116.924660 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.344245 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.987558 ms MarkObjects: 115.564240 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.027708 ms)

Human_Corpse72693 has null innerPawn. Destroying.
Verse.Corpse:TickRare() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Corpse.cs:235)
Verse.ThingContainer:ThingContainerTickRare() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingContainer.cs:154)
RimWorld.Building_Grave:TickRare() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Thing\Building\Various\Building_Grave.cs:113)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:131)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:277)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:243)
Verse.Game:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:465)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:73)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 2.019691 ms
System memory in use before: 128.3 MB.
System memory in use after: 72.0 MB.

Unloading 7172 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 20058.
Total: 94.345436 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.195370 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.868708 ms MarkObjects: 69.067070 ms  DeleteObjects: 21.211277 ms)

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 1af8 -> priority: 1

Thyme

Found another thread covering the same issue:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28906
edit: seems to be a pressing issue:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29372

Assigning the bed for prisoners (and reassigning for colonists) should kick him out of the bed. If they're incapacitated, you can simply pick them up. If not, you'll need a wooden club ;)

edit: PS: Guys, use the search function!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Tynan

Tynan

nccvoyager

Just a thought, but could this be an issue regarding the "Spacers" faction not actually being a "faction" per se?

I seem to remember encountering a bug a long while back around the "Spacer" faction causing weird happenings because it is not a faction that is displayed the same way as the others.

Of course, I really have no idea.
Just "grasping at straws here."

Idara

An escape pod landed at the other side of the map, containing the brother of one of my colonists. I sent a pawn to rescue him, but before she got there, the brother was on his feet, and limping, bleeding, towards my colony, so my pawn went to do something else. The rescue/capture options had gone, but the brother is headed to 'rest' in my colony, so I think 'OK', he's just saving her carrying him (he hadn't spontaneously joined the colony - he was still a blue 'neutral' pawn). He eventually arrives and plonks himself in one of my med beds. Great, except there was no option to treat him, and he's bleeding to death. So I send his sister in to 'arrest' him, and he resists - thus the little drama ends with her beating him to death (oops!).

I didn't think at first that this might be a bug, so I haven't got a recent save game or anything, sorry.

Mod edit (Calahan) - This bug report was posted in a new thread, so I merged it with the existing thread on this issue.

Calahan

@ Idara - Thank you for the bug report. This is a known issue that has been reported several times, so I am going to merge the new thread you created with the thread where Tynan is focusing the discussion.

Tynan

Tynan

Okay, the bug seems to be in the summary: Cannot treat crash pod survivor who walks self into hospital

The tricky thing is that these crash pod survivors are aren't really guests in the technical sense. If I understand this right, the pawn just walks himself into the hospital and lays down. But since he was never "rescued", he never got marked as a colony guest. He's just a dude in the bed. Doctors only treat guests. (it's possible I'm misreading the situation since I'm just going by memory and this thread; I haven't stepped through the code yet).

I think the solution is: When a pawn starts using a hospital bed, automatically make him a guest if necessary.

Tynan

Reviewing it, yeah, the correct solution would be for the refugees to always just leave the map when they get better.

In general, strangers (refugee, caravan, or otherwise) shouldn't just walk in and plop themselves into colony beds.

The tricky thing here is that we don't want e.g. wounded caravan members to just leave the map. They should stay with their caravan. So we'll have to ensure this behavior fires at the right time.

One other thing: If a pawn is rescued, and is being carried, and heals up while being carried, they shouldn't walk off the map, they should remain as a rescued pawn.

To ison for the implementation.

Rei-No

Quote from: eugeneb on January 08, 2017, 10:10:19 PM
Just encountered the following situation: a pod with a badly injured survivor lands. I send a person to rescue them. It's pretty far from the base so it takes my colonist a while to get to that person. The colonist starts carrying the survivor but somewhere midway survivor suddenly becomes capable of walking and decides to walk to the hospital on their own instead. Luckily they manage to get to hospital alive (they were bleeding and their moving was 16%). However now the survivor is sleeping in my hospital bed and I cannot treat them so they will probably bleed out to death.

Ok  I had the same thing happen, but its not a bug,  in my case she died on the table, which was great, because I was playing 2 canibils. Some one that walks in on there own, is not a community member. they take no food, unless they steal it. but you generally get them only from eacape pod crashes, that you've ignored.
Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdyz8rwyadwagbx/2.rws?dl=0