[A16] Hygiene (2017-1-14)

Started by System.Linq, January 09, 2017, 01:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love

Could you do a version of this mod where you just add the shower and bath as joy activities? I'm not sure if I want to fully invest in the hygeine mechanic.

System.Linq

Sure, I could probably do that.

Madpizzaboy

Quote from: Love on January 09, 2017, 10:02:55 AM
Could you do a version of this mod where you just add the shower and bath as joy activities? I'm not sure if I want to fully invest in the hygeine mechanic.
Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 10:04:55 AM

would love that   :)

potter3390

Hi, i'm having problem with the mod, my pawn don't use the shower, but they have all the bad traits. Do i have to do anything, does this mod have any incompatibility with other mods?

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: potter3390 on January 09, 2017, 11:24:50 PM
Hi, i'm having problem with the mod, my pawn don't use the shower, but they have all the bad traits. Do i have to do anything, does this mod have any incompatibility with other mods?

I seem to have a similar issue, though after about almost a half a season after the fact, one of my pawns managed to finally decide to take a shower... yet everyone else in my colony refuses to use either the shower or bathtub, even with their hygiene all the way gone. Is there some sort of threshold needed to be met that we've seem to have overlooked? Or, if possible, is there a way to have a right-click option to prioritize taking a bath/shower added in future updates of this? I think that would kind of help out in situations like this.  :)

System.Linq

I think it's because the way Tynan allows people to insert jobs into the think tree requires you either prioritize them above all normal colonist behavior or below it, so currently pawns will only bathe if they are otherwise idle. I'll look into a fix.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-10:
-Bathing is prioritized normally as a need.
-Pawns will put their clothes back on if there are no wearable clothes in stockpiles.
-Doctors can now properly bathe patients.

Hydromancerx

Has anyone else noticed that their pawns stand around more doing nothing? I am not sure if its this mod. But the problem did happen soon after I added this mod.

System.Linq

This mod can't cause that. All it does is add new job/workgivers, which won't affect the other job/workgivers. It should not touch your pawns' behavior at all unless their hygiene need is low.

Hydromancerx

dismar

Quote from: Madpizzaboy on January 09, 2017, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: Love on January 09, 2017, 10:02:55 AM
Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 10:04:55 AM

would love that   :)

I like this mod. But I would love it as a joy base mod!

XeoNovaDan

Hey, pretty cool but I noticed one thing: Pawns get the 'Observed Bathing' thought if two bathrooms have a vent between them, even if nobody walks in on them. Glitch or intended?

lllMWNlll

Any chance of coming up with toilets too, also "dump need"?

I like those "The Sims" details, it adds difficulty and fun.

System.Linq

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 11, 2017, 01:40:45 PM
Hey, pretty cool but I noticed one thing: Pawns get the 'Observed Bathing' thought if two bathrooms have a vent between them, even if nobody walks in on them. Glitch or intended?

I'll look into it. It uses the same code as observing dead bodies.

Quote from: lllMWNlll on January 11, 2017, 02:12:10 PM
Any chance of coming up with toilets too, also "dump need"?

I like those "The Sims" details, it adds difficulty and fun.

No, that's outside the scope of this mod. The real purpose of it is to provide a way to prevent pawns from tracking filth everywhere, am alternative to doormats. And to let you make your base prettier.

Fafn1r

What are the requirements for a pawn to use a shower, if their hygiene is low? Just that the shower is in a separate room and is powered? I ask, because my pawns aren't using the shower I built - 3x3 room with shower in the middle.