[A16] Hygiene (2017-1-14)

Started by System.Linq, January 09, 2017, 01:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Finally got a chance to redownload with the updated version, works great now! As soon as I started up my save, the bathing area was fully occupied within seconds. Now all I have to do is keep preventing my pawns from walking halfway across the base to each new clothing item made that I forgot to forbid.  Half the time I have to lock them in the shower room just to keep that from happening. ;D 

(Tried doing a low priority stockpile nearby, but pawns wanted to wear everybody else's outfit except the ones they dropped, so that seems to be the only way that works out for me so far. No biggie.)  :D

System.Linq

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 12, 2017, 06:37:26 AM
What are the requirements for a pawn to use a shower, if their hygiene is low? Just that the shower is in a separate room and is powered? I ask, because my pawns aren't using the shower I built - 3x3 room with shower in the middle.

Shower just needs to be powered, reachable, and reservable.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-14. Real fix for prisoners not bathing. Fix for people thinking they were observed bathing when they weren't. No one considers themselves naked while bathing anymore. Added alerts for seen bathing, poor hygiene, and poor prisoner hygiene.

XeoNovaDan

FRITZ35

Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 08:05:38 AM
Quote from: IHateRegistering on January 09, 2017, 07:52:04 AM
Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 07:36:39 AM
Just put a clothes stockpile nearby like in the pictures. You don't really even have to, there's no penalty for them walking naked to the stockpile except that they have the naked mood penalty for longer.

Mostly they grab a new set because they won't wear clothes that aren't on a stockpile.

Yeah but clothes lying around on the floor will trigger the 'do until you have x' work order since they're not considered in your possession if they aren't located on a stockpile. I do find the clothing system frustrating enough as it is, with the whole tattered apparel and stockpile issues the game already has. Also if you have a smaller colony and the work is piling up there likely won't be enough haulers around to quickly grab the dropped stuff and haul it to the designated stockpile.

Which then might lead to a pawn sewing together a new set of clothes rather than pick up the stuff that is lying next door.

You could try leaving a low-priority clothing stockpile where the colonist will drop the clothes.

1.I don't know if it is possible or not but you could make the clothing invisible while bathing.

2.Also can you make the baths and showers personal like beds.

3.Need toilets too, even if it is just a joy object.

System.Linq

Baths and showers are already personal like beds, colonists shouldn't use one in a room owned by another colonist. Also: no.

Darkmark8910

I love how straightforward this mod is :) It's nice and simple! I like that a lot, so thanks for making that!!!

One small request, if possible: maybe add in jacuzzis? :D Super bathtub moodlet buff!

Paulinas

Hey can u help me? how to uninstall it when i delete the mod my save file stops working :( HELP ME PLEASE :()

System.Linq

You can't uninstall the mod mid-save. It adds a new need to your pawns and new buildings to the map, which cause errors without the mod to handle them. Make a new save or re-install the mod.

Paulinas

drakulux

Hi Psychology, is it possible to create a wardrobe that when placed in a bathroom has a high priority with a small radius that detects the pawn and makes him/her drop their clothes there before having a shower, and then after they pick up the clothes from the wardrobe. Mrofa has a wardrobe mod in his clutter furniture mod that allowed you to store and swap a set of clothing. Just an idea

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: drakulux on January 18, 2017, 10:19:34 AM

I second this indeed - or at least some sort of detour where the nearest clothing (possibly in terms of pathing cost) will be prioritised as opposed to the most appealing all around (not sure how difficult that will be), so that colonists will ideally pick up the clothes they had before they showered as opposed to taking the long 'walk of shame'

System.Linq

Colonists will already pick up the clothes they had before they showered if you don't have a clothing stockpile.

XeoNovaDan

Odd. Can't possibly be another conflict in my list (even though I'm running about 65-70 other mods), as this is the only mod which I believe affects the clothing finding prioritising thingymadoohicker. Could be wrong though, as I'm running FashionRIMsta too, which may somehow change things up slightly..?

Crazytoast42

Yeah.. I have Rimsenal but my Colonists have a tendency to even just wander around naked without clothes and do other jobs. They don't seem to like putting their clothes back on :(

https://gyazo.com/61c8a81581152e8067c3ac0ecc6eb085

Just a massive pile, going through walls.. it's a little bothersome and I've even put a stockpile in the bottom left.. not sure what else to do for it.

Looking at how the colonists are reacting and how the clothes are handled just from in game things, it seems that the colonists do reserve their own clothing while they're bathing, and that's handled fine, but the moment they stop bathing, it un-reserves their clothing and they look for the best possible clothing available, rather than the clothing nearest to them, while haulers also begin to move their clothing to appropriate stockpiles. That may be the reason that continues happening, as it prioritizes only one piece of clothing at once when they stop bathing, so priorities can get really wonky there when it comes to jobs, as well, hence my colonists ending up naked.