[A16] Hygiene (2017-1-14)

Started by System.Linq, January 09, 2017, 01:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Colonists will only put their clothing back on if there is no other clothing available in stockpiles.

zzz1000

System.Linq

Yes, unless a mod says it requires a new game it can usually be added midgame. However this mod requires infrastructure for your pawns that you'll have to plan out immediately when you load.

zzz1000

Quote from: Psychology on January 20, 2017, 02:48:05 PM
this mod requires infrastructure for your pawns
This is understandable. Thanks.

szypkiyakwonsz

Hey Psychology, is there any chance You could add a "washer" building where the colonists could put their clothes instead of just throwing them around? Or simply force them to undress before bath to nearest stockpile?  They're making a lot of mess :D

zzz1000

It kinda cute but I think negative mood can be reduced at least for poverty stricken colony, do not have everyday bath is not realy so big concern if you have nothing to eat, I assure you. Maybe only for people with glitterworld background. And maybe better to slow down gigene reduction in general.

But that constant clothing shuffle bother my OCD.

gendalf

picatso

Great mod, though I think there should be more medieval tub options, like wooden tub or barrel.

nuschler22

I'm not understanding how to keep people clothed. 

I have made a building about 25 by 25 with four individual shower stalls.  They are at the farthest part of the building.  I then made a clothing only stockpile that has ALL clothing in the colony in it.  The colonists have to walk through the stockpile to access the only door for the building.

I still have colonists that refuse to put back on new/good clothing after showering and walking through the stockpile. 

Any solution?

Minnigin

Quote from: nuschler22 on January 30, 2017, 04:55:35 AM

I have made a building about 25 by 25 with four individual shower stalls.  They are at the farthest part of the building.  I then made a clothing only stockpile that has ALL clothing in the colony in it.  The colonists have to walk through the stockpile to access the only door for the building.

I still have colonists that refuse to put back on new/good clothing after showering and walking through the stockpile. 

Any solution?

only thing that worked for me was to either destroy all clothing by using reclaiming or by forbidding them

nuschler22

Quote from: Minnigin on January 30, 2017, 07:51:24 AM
Quote from: nuschler22 on January 30, 2017, 04:55:35 AM

Any solution?

only thing that worked for me was to either destroy all clothing by using reclaiming or by forbidding them

I don't understand.  How does that help the issue?  I'm very unclear on what's causing it. :)

Quad

I'm indeed having this same issue with colonists not putting back on their clothes. So you are saying to solve this we have to remove all clothes from other stockpiles?

I tend to put a bath tub in every bedroom and surround it with a clothes stockpile but this issue is really putting me off this mod. I love the simplicity and idea behind it and wish this feature was in the base game but until this issue is fixed I'm gonna have to pass. Great work on the mod and all but I don't want every play through to be a nudist colony, lol.

Reading a few posts back I want to say I fully support that wardrobe idea as a possible fix for this. Anything like that would be a huge boon to your mod as currently all the clothes dropped create a big mess.

Keep it up I'm sure you'll find the solution.

DSR

Just for myself: fixed the shower not rotating fully and the tub not getting tinted. Modified files are in the attachment.
The "take clothes off -> bathe -> complete several tasks naked or mostly naked (including depositing clothes to storage) -> dress fully (once idle?)" routine and getting 'observed bathing' by pets - are indeed annoying issues. Also, I tried to make Hospitality visitors use the facilities, but no luck. Maybe there is a way?
Otherwise, the mod is simple and enjoyable. Thanks! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

sefer

Is there anyway you could make a hospitality patch so that guests use baths too? I think it could be as simple as adding to guest logic to use Hygiene.JobGiver_GetHygiene or Hygiene.JobDriver_WashSelf

But everytime I try adding that into the xml files it throws up an error because it doesn't know what im talking about... I want to reference his mod but trying to open your project in sharpdevelop doesn't work and throws an error when i try... It seems like such a simple fix, to just add one of those above into Duties_Visit.xml but I need to be able to point it towards the hygiene mod in order to get it to accept those commands... I am pretty sure 1 of them is the right one, but I can't get it to work! If anyone can compile his script, could you try and let me know if this works? And if so..Could u please post the fix?

Mosart

Is it possible to change way colonists take shower from unweared to weared?

I see that problem:
1 step - colonist take shower (and drop off even foced weared clothing)
2 step - colonist immediately react to some kind of threats (fire for example)
3 step - colonist can't find his clothing cause of somebody else wear it

I want colonists wear their clothing again 100% times. I choose their clothing carefully and really hate it when colonists lose it  >:( >:(

Is this possible for player to switch off undressing for showers?

I really love this mod but with undressing this isn't playable for me (even killed one of my saves). :(