How to contribute

Started by Tynan, April 11, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prosykito

Quote from: Arex on December 27, 2017, 09:25:42 AM
Perhaps you broke the structure of the xml file and the game could not load it. Check the number of opening and closing tags.

Not really  ;D The file is ok because the rest of translations works well. it refers to them like: 

<OutfitAnything>Cualquiera</OutfitAnything>
  <OutfitWorker>Trabajador</OutfitWorker>
  <OutfitSoldier>Soldado</OutfitSoldier>
  <OutfitNudist>Nudista</OutfitNudist>

I've tried to play in other languages and there isn't a translation for this.

O Negative

Does anyone know where to get the official English Backstories.xml, or if it even exists? Doing some work on Backstories for Italian, and it's just absolutely all over the place, and I think some entries might be missing/mislabeled.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows! :D

NeverPire

For the French translation, we are used to using this one as reference : https://github.com/RimWorld-zh/RimWorld-English
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

O Negative

Thanks! :D

Update: That English repository has become a golden tool for me, oh my goodness. So many things are borked in the Italian translation :(

Tynan

I've updated the first post in this thread extensively.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Davetlow

So, I have to download Github?

I can't just mention the word

Pelt (N) - the skin of an animal with the fur, wool, or hair still on it.

I mean I'm no editor and most stuff doesn't bother me at all, so learning Github...

Is there a place other than steam I can drop hints, they sent me here from the bugs thread, lol, I just wanted to figure out how to make a tribal headress and only had Bluefur, which is a fine name, but something about it was misleading...  what was it.

Awesome game.

imbalilang

I have some translation experience, I want to help translation to Chinese.
Though there may be a huge number of Chinese translators.

Tynan

Thanks imbalilang, Chinese could definitely use some help.

Please just follow the instructions in the first post in this thread to get set up.

TinyRobotsInABox

I don't suppose you want/need an Urdu translation would you?  Probably not many Urdu-speaking customers for the trouble that it'd be

Demyr

So I really like translating and I really like RimWorld.
Is there any need for help with the French translation? I'm imagining not that much, but I still wanted to ask just in case.

Tynan

Quote from: Demyr on September 07, 2018, 03:37:20 PM
So I really like translating and I really like RimWorld.
Is there any need for help with the French translation? I'm imagining not that much, but I still wanted to ask just in case.

Definitely! French just got a bunch of new grammar functionality that needs to be integrated e.g. instead of writing un(e) the game can now resolve un/une based on the gender of what it refers to - but the translations need to be adjusted to make this work. It even works for gendered adjectives like bleu/bleue or beau/belle. Please just follow the steps in the first post of this thread.

b606

Hi Demyr,
Bienvenu !
Take a look at https://github.com/Ludeon/RimWorld-fr once you have access to it.
b606

Make the French RimWorld Translation at maximum quality.
French Optimisation Mod

lunajive

Hi,
Do you have (Bahasa) Indonesian done yet? I am a professional translator/interpreter. I love the game, and I'd like to help!

andriy

Hi there!

Any plans to make collaboration easier? I would recommend Crowdin for the following reasons:

1) Crowdin is often used for games localization, it can handle any file type and prevents any bugs in translation (e.g. broken tags). Please see public projects: https://crowdin.com/projects#showcases/games

2) We do have a GitHub integration, it will be easy to setup an agile localization process. Translators will translate and translations will automatically go to GitHub repo (it will be enough to have a single repo, not repo per language);

3) Since the recent time, we are contacted more and more often by RimWorld community who wish to translate the game using Crowdin (but into the specific language only)

Let's try setting up a perfect localization flow together, will gladly assist since we're all gamers ourselves in Crowdin :)

Feel free to contact me directly, I'm looking forward to continue this conversation

The_Doctor

Hi,
I was translating the file Credits.xml under the folder Keyed and I stumbled on "Writing donor". What does this mean?
Kind Regards,
Bas