How to contribute

Started by Tynan, April 11, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevorcolby

What really bothered me but I am not skilled enough to fix it myself: The german translation for "neck" ingame is "Nacken", which is actually the nape and not the throat. Can someone PLEASE fix this to the correct translation of "Hals"? And if it was meant to be the "neck", please change it to "Genick".
Thank you!!!

Zomon

I want to add a new language is that possible?

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mfga00

Hi, I´d love to help with the spanish translation but unfortunately I´m stuck on step 4 lol. Is there something more noob friendly like an excel? Is it possible to just edit my language gamefiles and uploading them?

Oktolone

Hello,
after looking for "notifications" on this forum (translation) without results, I allow myself to post here without knowing if it is the right place. Indeed I noticed a bug in the French translation, the notifications overlap themselves, so I wonder if it is possible to solve this problem by shortening the texts displayed with "..." and see them entirely at mouse over the notification.
Here is an example of the bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1750149530472230159/

Tynan

Quote from: Oktolone on February 26, 2020, 03:28:23 PM
Hello,
after looking for "notifications" on this forum (translation) without results, I allow myself to post here without knowing if it is the right place. Indeed I noticed a bug in the French translation, the notifications overlap themselves, so I wonder if it is possible to solve this problem by shortening the texts displayed with "..." and see them entirely at mouse over the notification.
Here is an example of the bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1750149530472230159/

Looks like a bug, we'll look into it thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Oktolone

Rimworld brings together all that I expect from a game, I still discover things after + 700 hours of play, and the mods deepen it even more! So it's up to me to thank you for your wonderful work and that of the community of course :D

melehad

Hi,
the french team needs a definition of "glitterworld" please. I don't know if this is the place to post it. We need a precise description to best translate it into our language.
Thanks,

Philippus

Hello
Please, how can we get the base text of the game updated in English?

https://git.io/vD8Cj

Unfortunately this link is no longer updated ...

DevEagle

How to connect the hungarian translate people? Because the 1.1 game is not showing correctly the lot of not translated words, around lot of mod. The 1.0 version correct work with hungarian language with lot of english mods. The 1.1 is showing weird characters lot of english word (#@+&) etc. How to solved this, or full translate the main game is hungary?

Argon111

buen día tengo un problema, para traducir la descripción del dlc que aparece en la pantalla de inicio, la única forma que encontré fue cambiarle el nombre al juego base(core), ya que en la  carpeta de traducción no aparece el apartado para poder traducir la descripción. psdt: con quien debo comunicarme cuanto termine la traduccion del dlc en ESPAÑOL
==========================
ya lo solucione agregando algo de código

Solarius Scorch

Hi Tynan and everyone, first time poster on the forums. This game is literally the best and I can't stop playing it, haven't been this hooked for at least a decade. But I have some things to say about this translation process, which are definitely not malicious in intent, I simply feel that I should speak up about them.
I have a few similar projects under my belt, so I wanted to help with PL translation, because it's unfinished and honestly pretty bad at places. However, after familiarizing myself with the process I lost the drive. I am not a complete newb, I made several mods (for other games), I have a GitHub account and maintain several repositories, but still this is black magic to me. Git? Line commands? Last time I saw a command line was when I installed Windows 95 (okay, exaggerating a little, but not by much).
This process is clearly aimed at strictly IT people, who - excuse me - rarely have the linguistic competences to make a half-decent translation (though of course some do). That's fine, we all specialize in different areas. But this is just not the right process to produce good translations, as evidenced by reality (both in terms of interest and resulting quality).
I really don't understand why we can't use Transifex or some other service which doesn't require haxxor skillz (which are obviously not highly correlated with writing skills). Yes, I could spend time on learning the ropes, given enough time; but I'm not going to spend time on this when I want to contribute in a way I already can. I imagine competent translators in general largely feel the same. I've already bought the game and the expansion, and I want to help with its development for free on top of that, so I expect some minimal effort in facilitating this, not to be treated like a junior employee who needs to learn the company tools.
Sorry if this comes as overly harsh, I certainly don't mean any disrespect, but I feel that these things need to be said. It's not about me, I love Rimworld (or more accurately, I'm totally obsessed with it), and I'm 100% fine with not having a localization for it myself. But I honestly think, and I'm speaking from experience with other projects, that the barrier to contribute is way too high, so it discourages people who would be most valuable for writing - not because they're stupid, but because they aren't interested in mastering Git and will choose some other translating project instead.

TeccnoQ

For Turkish language translation, I sent a lot of translations related to the beginning and tasks, can you check it? No progress for 2 years.

Tsukisama

Can I designate specific fonts for Japanese languages?
Since both Chinese and Japanese uses Chinese charactars, the designs of some Chinese charactars with same Unicode codes differ in languages, such as 「所」, 「直」, 「戻」, etc. This causes reading difficulties in Japanese language, since Chinese charactars in the default font were meant to used in Chinese language.

Droper13

Hi, Im placing the hebrew on the languages menu but when im using it its just like english and hebrew have the oposite side how can i change it?