How to contribute

Started by Tynan, April 11, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: momohedge on August 22, 2014, 06:31:03 PM
I can't seem to find the "Create World" code line anywhere. Can someone find it?
It does not seem to have a french translation and cannot be fin in Menu_Main
I highly recommend you get a grep tool for this kind of need. There are lots (just google them).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

crovaxon

Hello everyone,

I have bought this game recently and I am very much in love with it and I would really like to contribute to the translation process.
I would like to help out with the German translation, but before I send an E-Mail I figured I'll ask first, since German might be covered well enough already, probably by far more experienced people.
I'd like to point out I only have very basic knowledge of git and never used GitHub before and this would be my first try in translating. But that is just how much I enjoy RimWorld, made me immediately wanna help :).

Sakuukuli

After messing around with translation for a bit I have some things to say:

1. Corpse labels are untranslatable.
When I click on a dead body of a wild boar the name is correct: "Villisika (kuollut)". That said, when I click on the I-symbol there are untranslated entries there. It says "Wild boar" in the title of the window and "wild boar ruumis" in the description of the object.

2. I made templates for all the DefInjected's.
I converted all the labels in Def's to translate-ready DefInjected's so that translating them would be as easy as translating Keyed's.
https://github.com/Sakuukuli/RimWorld-Templates
You can do with it as you please.

3. Shouldn't it be cryosleep and not cryptosleep?

darktakayanagi

Is there a way to make the translated text smaller if it gets outside of a box/button?
the english text fits fine but for other languages it might go outside of the box/button border, is it the only optionfor translators to try and change the wording or it can be easily fixed code wise?

i've attached an image with the problem (red box around the issue).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Quote from: Sakuukuli on October 08, 2014, 08:02:54 AM
After messing around with translation for a bit I have some things to say:

1. Corpse labels are untranslatable.
When I click on a dead body of a wild boar the name is correct: "Villisika (kuollut)". That said, when I click on the I-symbol there are untranslated entries there. It says "Wild boar" in the title of the window and "wild boar ruumis" in the description of the object.

2. I made templates for all the DefInjected's.
I converted all the labels in Def's to translate-ready DefInjected's so that translating them would be as easy as translating Keyed's.
https://github.com/Sakuukuli/RimWorld-Templates
You can do with it as you please.

3. Shouldn't it be cryosleep and not cryptosleep?

1. Hmm, it seems like one of the many little untranslatable things. Hope it doesn't drive you mad; there are a number of tiny issues like this for now.

2. Cool!

3. It's cryptosleep.

Romi

whell2

gokimaxTR

hi me and friend starting turkish translation thank you tynan :)

Latta

Tynan, is there any way to assign a font to a specific language? Because Korean Windows always try to use weird default font when trying to use english-specific font.

OR, at least, specify font sizes to be a bit smaller?
I posted a screenshot of one of 'New colony' screen. It's not alphabetical so you may not notice, but those subtitle(headline?) texts have cropped out of its upper side. Will it require a separate dll-mod like EdB's Interface Mod, or it's just impossible on my level because fonts are too core level?

Tynan

Fonts are big files, so I can't ship separate fonts for each language.

Next build will have a new font for everything, so hopefully that will fix some of that.

Can you be specific about where text is cut off for you? Screenshots with red circles are best. I can't actually read the text here and know what it's supposed to say :p

Latta

Quote from: Tynan on January 31, 2015, 05:23:34 PM
Can you be specific about where text is cut off for you? Screenshots with red circles are best. I can't actually read the text here and know what it's supposed to say :p

Sorry!

It's a character creation window. Background Story, Incapables, Traits and Abilities are the big ones; Construction, Growing and other dropped words are the small ones.

Big ones are cropped out by about 2 pixels, small ones are by like 2.5 pixels? Something close to that.

Tynan

It happens because Korean seems to be set to never print small. Is it possible read Korean characters smaller than that or will I need to provide enough vertical space everywhere for this size?

Latta

Quote from: Tynan on February 01, 2015, 10:01:18 PM
It happens because Korean seems to be set to never print small. Is it possible read Korean characters smaller than that or will I need to provide enough vertical space everywhere for this size?
Smaller sizes should have no problem IMO.

Dandi

Hi, Tynan!
We got stuck translating the new sentence generator (this is a hell of a job, btw. English is very merciful to such a sort of substitutions, compared to Russian). But that's beside the point.

I was wondering if a number of substitutions is determined dynamically. In other words, should we have exactly the same number of synonyms for a substitution as you have in the English original?

Thanks!

rolitheone

Hey guys, I am an Austrian university student studying English. If you require any help with translations I would love to help you out.