Fertilizer pump?

Started by pauloman, April 11, 2014, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauloman

Hi,
Can someone explaine me how the fertilize pump works?
I tried to build it everywhere, but it doesn't make the ground growable (it is also connected to power).

BTW alpha 3 is great!

Thoranius

Well, I've figured out that exiting out of the game and reloading after the pump has been built fixes the power not starting on the pumps, but considering they are supposed to alter 4 squares per day (20000 ticks per day, 1 tile per 5000 ticks, max of 25 tiles per pump), they do appear to not be working. I have had 3 running on sand for nearly 20 days now (one on a dirt tile in a half sand, half dirt area) and have yet to see a single tile change from sand to dirt. I think the coding part about what tile type to change it to was accidentally left out of the mod's coding, at least from what I could decipher of it. Maybe it was fixed in the hotfix, any testers have word on that?

Tynan

Quote from: Thoranius on April 12, 2014, 09:37:43 AM
Well, I've figured out that exiting out of the game and reloading after the pump has been built fixes the power not starting on the pumps, but considering they are supposed to alter 4 squares per day (20000 ticks per day, 1 tile per 5000 ticks, max of 25 tiles per pump), they do appear to not be working. I have had 3 running on sand for nearly 20 days now (one on a dirt tile in a half sand, half dirt area) and have yet to see a single tile change from sand to dirt. I think the coding part about what tile type to change it to was accidentally left out of the mod's coding, at least from what I could decipher of it. Maybe it was fixed in the hotfix, any testers have word on that?

Nothing changed in the hotfix and I'm not sure the FP was well-tested. It may just be broken. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TimMartland

Aww. I really wanted to use these.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Thoranius

Pity, re-rolled my map instead until I found one with enough dirt tiles in the proper spots to make the base look the way I wanted, then. Ah well, hopefully this mod will receive some developer polishin' and lovin' by the time the next release rolls around, it would be a nice addition to the game core as well.

Machine

OpposingForces

sweet. thanks man(or woman). been wondering about it.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

murlocdummy

In case anyone's wondering, the fix doesn't work.  The fertilizer pump still sits there, not doing anything other than drawing power.