[A16] Sunlight in world view doesn't match season for southern hemisphere.

Started by Sjaa, December 28, 2016, 10:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sjaa

1.  I started a colony closer to the pole then the equator in the southern hemisphere.  I waited until I was in the middle of summer, then I looked at the world view.
2. I noticed that the South pole was in shadow, and the north pole was lit
3. Since I was in the southern hemisphere it should have been the opposite (daylight percentages in the normal map were correct).  I started a new colony in winter on the south pole to be sure, and noticed the opposite: the north pole was in darkness and the south pole was lit, while in the normal map it was dark all the time, like it should be.
4. Start a new colony in the southern hemisphere (preferably on the pole).  Set start time to either winter or summer.  Notice the light levels in the normal map will be correct for that time of year, but the world map will show the pole as the opposite.
5. Attached
6. Attached

Note: I have a screenshot as well, but the file is too large to upload here.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

Lol! You're right. Damn orbital mechanics.

This could be tricky to fix, though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison

Quote from: Sjaa on December 28, 2016, 10:49:28 AM
1.  I started a colony closer to the pole then the equator in the southern hemisphere.  I waited until I was in the middle of summer, then I looked at the world view.
2. I noticed that the South pole was in shadow, and the north pole was lit

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is correct according to these videos:

https://youtu.be/WLRA87TKXLM?t=292 (winter)
https://youtu.be/WgHmqv_-UbQ?t=109 (summer)

If you have any more reliable source of information than this then please share.

BlackSmokeDMax

Are seasons actually reversed as they are on earth in game? Meaning is it summer in the southern hemisphere while it is winter in the northern hemisphere and vice versa?

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog