Tone down the chance for animals consuming drugs, maybe?

Started by Goldenpotatoes, January 09, 2017, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

I don't know about you, but when I leave the house, the last thing I'm worried about is "man, I hope my cat doesn't get into my fridge and drink himself into a coma again."

Like, sure, they can be curious and get into your supply if you left it laying around and they keep lingering around it, but right now it feels like every animal is secretly an addict and needs to be assigned to an animal zone at least 2 miles away from the nearest drug to prevent them from downing your entire supply.

Lobstercraft

I think only monkeys should be capable of drinking beer

dv

It depends on the animal. Dogs'll drink beer and like it, and they'll give a good effort to eating anything that they see you eating. OTOH, my cats'll barely touch most human food, although each one has at least one thing they will go after.

I could see dogs/wolves as experimenters, but not cats/panthers. Even cows are sometimes picky eaters. (While grazing, they'll eat around certain types of weeds that they dislike.) Hence my suspicion that IRL, most drugs are safe from animals, basically all the time.

Anomaly

I want to know who is opening bottles for my dogs and giving them so much beer they develop addiction and/ or sickness.  Ill have that sicko go fight the boomalopes as soon as find the culprit.

Trylobyte

I had a self-tamed boomrat get into my storage, chug an entire bottle of beer, overdose, and explode right in the middle of the stockpile.  I'm glad I didn't lose anything important - That would've detracted from how funny it was.

Edit:  Just had my other self-tamed boomrat (I got two, how lucky!) eat an entire brick of yayo with similarly predictable results.

EvilMoogle

Seconded.

Maybe add a preference list for herbivores/carnivores where they'll spend a little effort looking for preferred things before eating whatever's nearby?

Thirite

The very idea that animals/guests will take drugs is an ill-planned attempt by Tynan to balance them, and like others have said, makes you try to "trick the game" to stop it from happening. Monkeys drinking beer could be a neat "Oh that little rascal!" sort of game detail but anything else is just bizarre and nonsensical.

Hieronymous Alloy

I just wish my animals wouldn't randomly chow down on my luciferium.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

malloc

A seven day old kitten opened a beer, consumed it, went into a coma with an extreme tolerance for alcohol as a result.  That's not balanced.