[A16] Humanoid Alien Framework

Started by erdelf, January 09, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdelf

Quote from: XenGrimm on January 12, 2017, 04:47:58 PM
So far, in my games - Aliens are only 'attracted' to members of their own species, or even sub-species.

For example: a Purple Asari will only see other purple Asari as attractive, light blue will only see other light blues.
I've been trying to figure out if this is just some kind of bug in my setup, or not.
I just checked the following couples successfully again:
Human and Orassan
Human and human (just to test)
orassan and orassan
asari and human
asari and asari

Goldenpotatoes

Is the option for custom draw sizes a placeholder or am I just not using it properly? I was hoping it'd just be able to up/downsize the pawn.

Also can't seem to figure out how to make apparel race-restricted, been reading through the source.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 15, 2017, 11:45:51 PM
Is the option for custom draw sizes a placeholder or am I just not using it properly? I was hoping it'd just be able to up/downsize the pawn.

Also can't seem to figure out how to make apparel race-restricted, been reading through the source.

Drawsize is a placeholder. When writing the code I put this in because I'd hoped to find a way to enable bigger/smaller pawns. However the code for rendering humanlike pawns is quite difficult to access and most of my experiments resulted in failure. Mabye Erdelf finds a way to make this possible.

To make race-restricted apparel, you have to add this comp:

<li Class="AlienRace.CompProperties_RestrictedRace">
        <RestrictedToRace>NAMEOFYOURALIENRACE</RestrictedToRace>
      </li>

erdelf

Thanks for answering ohu.
Just last night I enabled another placeholder, so I'll work on that as well.

NipponGin

An attempt to use comms console after 1/17 update will result in an error.

QuoteObject reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.MenuMakerMapRestricted.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can I fix a save file where this error occurs?
sorry, my poor English.

erdelf

Quote from: NipponGin on January 17, 2017, 02:08:55 AM
An attempt to use comms console after 1/17 update will result in an error.

Can I fix a save file where this error occurs?
sorry, my poor English.
er.. I'll take a look if I can reproduce that error... I would be suprised, but I'll look

vlad.lapadat93

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as NipponGin mentioned above (Comms Console doesn't work). I found out by disabling and enabling mods that Crystalloid Mod is causing the error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.MenuMakerMapRestricted.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm using a lot of mods and only by deactivating Crystalloid i got rid of the Coms Console Bug. With RimEffect, Jaffa/Kree or Orassans it works.

Canute

With all these new races, just a little request.
Could you modify the popup msg. for any recruiting event to show what kind of race the pawn got ?

Or even better, add an "i" to open the information screen of that pawn.

erdelf

Quote from: vlad.lapadat93 on January 22, 2017, 03:41:19 AM
Hi, I have exactly the same problem as NipponGin mentioned above (Comms Console doesn't work). I found out by disabling and enabling mods that Crystalloid Mod is causing the error

I'm using a lot of mods and only by deactivating Crystalloid i got rid of the Coms Console Bug. With RimEffect, Jaffa/Kree or Orassans it works.

Thanks, that was crucial information. Published a temporary fix until the Crystalloid author fixes his leader issue.

Canute

QuotePublished a temporary fix
"Published" means, you allready post a fix ? I didn't found any so far.

XenGrimm

Quote from: erdelf on January 13, 2017, 09:28:22 AM
I just checked the following couples successfully again:
Human and Orassan
Human and human (just to test)
orassan and orassan
asari and human
asari and asari
I started using SeveralPuffins romance mod to 'rebalance' my colonists attractions.

I'm not sure what the problem was - but it may have been more related to the age spans of the colonists and their races, than any kind of attraction 'errors'. (IE the orassans were not attracted to 200+ year old asari, the 25 year old humans were not attracted to 15-16 year old orassans... etc)

erdelf

Quote from: Canute on January 22, 2017, 09:12:17 AM
QuotePublished a temporary fix
"Published" means, you allready post a fix ? I didn't found any so far.
er not to yours, to the one I quoted. I don't really want to do any distinguishing like that for no reason.. so why do you want to do that ?

Smexy_Vampire

how do i use multiple alien races together all mine are useing human skins and not there custome ones :'(

erdelf

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 23, 2017, 01:14:21 PM
how do i use multiple alien races together all mine are useing human skins and not there custome ones :'(
Do you expect me to be able to help you with that little of a description ?
What alien mods are you using ? Upload the log.

Smexy_Vampire

think i fixed it with load order haveing framework higher up the list then the alian races