[A16] Humanoid Alien Framework

Started by erdelf, January 09, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

LOL, when a mod is required for another mod, ofcourse it need to load before the other mod.
And Alien framework is needed for all the other Alien race mod you can play and not only encounter as enemy.

Smexy_Vampire

i did have it first i ment i needed to load it way up the list ontop of other faction mods i had that may have bin buging the cusome textures form loading

Catatafish

I'm currently working on a factions mod and I have noticed that the alien race I created does not show up as a slave in the orbital pirate trade window, the wanderjoin incident doesn't spawn alien race, and the refuge incident doesn't work with alien race.  I have tried many different way to get it to work but have yet to be successful.  Is there a class I'm suppose to list to make these work?  If there isn't, any idea on how to get the alien race to show up.

erdelf

Quote from: Catatafish on January 26, 2017, 09:11:58 PM
the wanderjoin incident doesn't spawn alien race, and the refuge incident doesn't work with alien race. 
It works with any other race mod, so you have to give me a few more informations.

Catatafish

This is happening when I use the dev tool to spawn a wander, or refugee.  Could it just be that tool not working with the spawning aliens? 

erdelf

it works when the event fires, of course not when you call a specific pawnKindDef. Use dev mode to manually call the incident, then you will probably see your alien.

Cpt.Ohu

I'm currently working on a factions mod and I have noticed that the alien race I created does not show up as a slave in the orbital pirate trade window

The vanilla stockgenerator for slaves generates from a specific PawnKindDef that happens to be human. If you want aliens to show up as tradable slaves, you'll either have to add a new stockgenerator class or detour the vanilla method to include your alien PawnKindDef as well.

erdelf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on January 27, 2017, 08:46:33 AM
I'm currently working on a factions mod and I have noticed that the alien race I created does not show up as a slave in the orbital pirate trade window

The vanilla stockgenerator for slaves generates from a specific PawnKindDef that happens to be human. If you want aliens to show up as tradable slaves, you'll either have to add a new stockgenerator class or detour the vanilla method to include your alien PawnKindDef as well.
Thanks Ohu.
Added for next release, no further work needs to be done from your side Catatafish.

Catatafish

Thank you Cpt. Ohu and erdelf.  That was the main things I needed answered before my release.

NSC701

As far as I can tell, alien pawns that are meant to have custom names (i.e. Asari), are only being generated with the default human names. Has something changed with how the framework generates names compared to Humanoid Alien Races(which when that was being used was the last that I observed the names being the custom ones)?

XenGrimm

I noticed this same thing starting a few days ago. Custom namegen doesn't seem to be working at the moment?

erdelf

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 15, 2017, 11:45:51 PM
Is the option for custom draw sizes a placeholder or am I just not using it properly? I was hoping it'd just be able to up/downsize the pawn.

Custom DrawSize is enabled now.

Lt.Havoc

Hello. I have a problem that maybe related to this mod, I get an error that causes traders not to work anymore for me. Here is the log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/78ade2815c8104279b711cc24c82efed

Here is the specific error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.PawnGenerationRequest.EnsureNonNullFaction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Slaves+<GenerateThings>c__Iterator161.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TraderStockGenerator+<GenerateTraderThings>c__Iterator164.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.GenerateThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_OrbitalTraderArrival.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any idea what causes this error and how to fix it?

Catatafish

For my mod RimFactions I was told that the forced traits for my races are bleeding over to the other races.  This includes traits showing up for Orassan's, and Vanilla Humans.  I was also told that they are seeing a 4th trait every now and then.  I did some testing and I've noticed a higher occurrence of the traits as well and I did see one pawn with a 4th trait.  An example of the force Trait XML is below.  This is mostly noticeable with my Wraith race since it adds a higher chance of Cannibal, which is suppose to be a rare trait.   Any thoughts of why this is happening.

<ForcedRaceTraitEntries>
        <li>
      <defname>Industriousness</defname>
      <degree>2</degree>
      <chance>75</chance>
        </li>
        <li>
      <defname>Greedy</defname>
      <chance>75</chance>
        </li>
</ForcedRaceTraitEntries>   

McEggerDrumstick

It seems like this is incompatible with the main game.
When I load it in the mod config and when I try to generate a planet, it loads a black screen.
The problem seems to be that it's missing ThingCategories.xml in its folders.
Maybe you could fix it, but for now, I won't be able to play with the Orassan mod.