[A16] Humanoid Alien Framework

Started by erdelf, January 09, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdelf

[REDACTED]

AtomicRavioli

Are there any current XML changes in this iteration?

Dryerlint

This will make a fine addition to my collection.

erdelf

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on January 09, 2017, 08:26:07 PM
Are there any current XML changes in this iteration?
Forced traits now also have a chance factor. It should default to 100%, but I got a report about that. In most cases it works, but just to be sure, set it to 100.

Other changes are purely internal.

Der Failer

Quote from: erdelf on January 10, 2017, 02:28:38 AM
-snip-
Forced traits now also have a chance factor. It should default to 100%, but I got a report about that. In most cases it works, but just to be sure, set it to 100.

Other changes are purely internal.
I was hoping that doing this would fix this problem. But no luck, the relevant traits still get assigned randomly like any normal trait. Any chance you could do something about this on your end?

erdelf

Quote from: Der Failer on January 10, 2017, 10:18:20 AM
I was hoping that doing this would fix this problem. But no luck, the relevant traits still get assigned randomly like any normal trait. Any chance you could do something about this on your end?
Your report is a bit all over the place.. but if I got it right your problem is that the 4th trait of romance diversified isn't added. That indeed is fixed with this version.

Der Failer

Quote from: erdelf on January 10, 2017, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: Der Failer on January 10, 2017, 10:18:20 AM
Your report is a bit all over the place.. but if I got it right your problem is that the 4th trait of romance diversified isn't added. That indeed is fixed with this version.
Ah, i didn't realize that this update isn't included in the latest Orassans version. I manually updated and it's all working now.
I'll take the time to write a proper bug report next time. I wrote this one in a hurry and i should know not to do that. So, yes sorry about this. :/
Anyway thank you for the help and keeping the mod alive. :)

lacrimi512

I can use this with prepare carefully?

Joshwoo70

erdelf

Quote from: Joshwoo70 on January 10, 2017, 09:37:35 PM
Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 10, 2017, 07:48:25 PM
I can use this with prepare carefully?
should work...
Patch is in the works, at the moment prepare carefully will make humans out of the aliens.

XenGrimm

Is relationship/romance potential worked through this assembly, or would it have to be somehow specified in each race? (in their defs)

To clarify: I mean inter-species relationships. Humans with aliens, aliens with other (different) aliens.

So far, the races I'm using seem to only have attraction/romance values in debug for members of their own races.

jecrell

Bumping this up because it's a very lovely framework.

(cough cough) *rummages through code* (cough cough)

*hears sirens and runs away*
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

erdelf

Quote from: XenGrimm on January 11, 2017, 10:03:31 PM
Is relationship/romance potential worked through this assembly, or would it have to be somehow specified in each race? (in their defs)

To clarify: I mean inter-species relationships. Humans with aliens, aliens with other (different) aliens.

So far, the races I'm using seem to only have attraction/romance values in debug for members of their own races.
Yes it is handled. Humans can have relationships with aliens.

XenGrimm

So far, in my games - Aliens are only 'attracted' to members of their own species, or even sub-species.

For example: a Purple Asari will only see other purple Asari as attractive, light blue will only see other light blues.
I've been trying to figure out if this is just some kind of bug in my setup, or not.

drakemasta

so the crystalloid mod is getting in on this deal i hear any more info on this concerning when it will be up for downloading or it being updated to a16?