[A16] BetterStockpileDesignator (v1.1) Presets and more!

Started by Vendan, January 07, 2017, 11:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendan

Better Stockpile Designator

Description:
Ever been frustrated by the fact that you have to designate a stockpile, and then click a few more times to edit what it holds?  How about the fact that there are only 2 hardcoded presets?  If so, this is the mod for you!

Better Stockpile Designator gives you an enhanced stockpile tool that allows you to setup your stockpile before laying it out.  In addition, it boasts support for custom presets, configurable in game via the "Manage Presets" item in the preset dropdown, and those presets will follow you from map to map, world to world.  For a final touch, if you want to copy an existing zone's storage settings, just click it once while the designator is active, and it's settings will be copied!

Author/Mod Team
Vendan

Download
https://andyleap.net/BetterStockpileDesignator/BetterStockpileDesignator.zip

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog

• v1.1 - Added reordering buttons for the preset manager.  Don't forget to save after reordering.

notfood

Sefiriot

Reading the description of theubie's Recolor Stockpiles (available on Steam), it seems like it might conflict with your mod, as you're both touching stockpile-related code, AFAIK. Is it possible to issue a compatibility patch for that mod, or if you could kindly explain what stuff I should edit to tweak it myself? Thanks!

sulusdacor

hopefully this works with the storage search mod ;)

love the quality of life mods, thanks for making this.

Vendan

Update: Added reordering buttons for the preset manager.  Don't forget to save after reordering.

Gajdee

Very useful mod. Thanks!
Can You add this feature for existing stockpiles too? I can't manage my already layed down stockpiles and modded storages like fridges.

Edit: It's not important because i can create a storage from the presents copy/paste settings to a fridge, after delete the storage. Much easier than search all the menus for the right indregents again and again :)

Very useful if you have a caravan make a temporary colony (for mining the local resources etc.) and leave the place, then make an another colony. Now i not need to set all my storage one by one! Thanks again for this awesome feature!

skullywag

This will conflict with anything changing the designator categories, this needs some designation injection to fix. Wont break anything bar the earliest loaded mods designators not showing.

edit - hmmm tried simply adding the designator to my mod and loading it after this one but i never see any of the UI....kind of weird...

edit2 - ok merging the defs and moving the assemblies into the same mod allows everything to work fine together.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?