Thing I hate about mental breaks/Drugs

Started by matthewgareth, January 09, 2017, 10:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewgareth

Thing I hate about mental breaks/Drugs
1. person binges on a drug (Flake/Psychite)
2. get addicted + ODs (survives)
3. withdrawal
4. keeps mental breaking due to (Psychite) withdrawal
5. starvation, exhaustion, joy-deprived, mood 0% cause of a mental break
6. #5 makes them keep/continue wondering around in a daze
7. gets really annoying/ or death
Why  :'(
(Btw i don't really want to arrest them cause it debuffs their mood even more (even though I should))
Edit: I dont arresting them unless their at minor or serious starvation

Shurp

How to stop a binge 101:

. ###
. #D#
. X . #
. ###

Put your drugs at 'D' surrounded by walls.  Leave the square X vacant.  But as soon as someone goes on a binge, put a wall there.  Bingers aren't smart enough to tear down walls, so he gets at most one or two doses and then wanders around aimlessly till he passes out.  He won't get addicted (unless the drug in question is Luciferium in which case you're just stupid for leaving it lying around :)

(note: don't barricade your binger *in* the closet!  Wait till he wanders out before sealing it off!)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

matthewgareth

Quote from: Shurp on January 09, 2017, 10:25:58 PM
How to stop a binge 101:

. ###
. #D#
. X . #
. ###

Put your drugs at 'D' surrounded by walls.  Leave the square X vacant.  But as soon as someone goes on a binge, put a wall there.  Bingers aren't smart enough to tear down walls, so he gets at most one or two doses and then wanders around aimlessly till he passes out.  He won't get addicted (unless the drug in question is Luciferium in which case you're just stupid for leaving it lying around :)

(note: don't barricade your binger *in* the closet!  Wait till he wanders out before sealing it off!)

Yeah i had already started doing that.
1st time it happened i locked the door (didnt know they could open it)
2nd - 6th time blocked it off
7th time blocked it off but didnt see that a raider dropped some...
(imma trying to get rid of the addiction, for anyone else thats wondering)

Sinosauropteryx

How to stop a binge 102:

Set his bedtime to the current hour, he will finish what he's snorting and go right to sleep. (Note, does not work quite as well in real life)

Another trick. When a dazed colonist collapses from exhaustion, give him an operation bill. Administer beer/smokeleaf works. A doctor will feed him lying there on the ground, and then you can cancel the operation.
Whole body          RimWorld addiction

skullywag

Set everyone to "no drugs" its what i do. Drugs are for selling.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

matthewgareth

Quote from: skullywag on January 10, 2017, 03:18:17 AM
Set everyone to "no drugs" its what i do. Drugs are for selling.

... i never use drugs (except beer) they just started binging and got into the storeroom

skullywag

Ah ok. In that case the only way in the game is to wall off so they arent pathable to.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

matthewgareth

Limdood

Quote from: Shurp on January 09, 2017, 10:25:58 PM
He won't get addicted (unless the drug in question is Luciferium in which case you're just stupid for leaving it lying around :)

Had my best crafter in a colony get addicted off 1 hit of Yayo i gave him when he was unhappy after a raid.  He'd never had Yayo before, only smokeleaf previously.  Addiction can happen even from 1 use.

Thyme

Yes, my researcher was a chemical interest/fascination. Drug binge, first use of flake (raider drop) -> addiction. Never again. I either sell drugs or frag them (campfire takes too long). Production is a no for me.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

magicbush

I am slightly confused on my current colony. I have a guy addicted to wake-up, but I have no drugs in my colony. He was also one of my starting colonists and doesn't have any drug traits or addictions when I started. He became addicted after a month into the game, and is still addicted a few seasons later? It's very annoying as he's my only tailor, and Smith and is constantly about to break.

Limdood

Quote from: magicbush on January 10, 2017, 11:54:26 AM
I am slightly confused on my current colony. I have a guy addicted to wake-up, but I have no drugs in my colony. He was also one of my starting colonists and doesn't have any drug traits or addictions when I started. He became addicted after a month into the game, and is still addicted a few seasons later? It's very annoying as he's my only tailor, and Smith and is constantly about to break.
You probably had a raid and one of the pirates dropped some wake-up.

OFWG

Quote from: matthewgareth on January 09, 2017, 10:07:28 PM
4. keeps mental breaking due to (Psychite) withdrawal
7. gets really annoying/ or death

My first try at a completely drug-friendly colony led to a pawn with psychite and (I think) flake addiction. When I cut everybody off the drugs, the guy was so far gone that he went on a drinking binge and died from the hangover.

I laughed.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

RazorHed

Chemical interest/fascination have become one of those things about the game I refuse to play with . Any possible recruit that has them gets killed instead of captured unless I need organs. Any wanderer that joins gets stripped and sent on a caravan out into the wilderness with no food.

DeathWeasel

Rather than wall in the drugs to prevent addicts taking them, why not wall in the addicts? Set a stockpile in their room for some food and replace the door with a wall. Let them have all the mental breaks they want.