Add colony name to global event messages (like cold snap)

Started by Jstank, January 10, 2017, 02:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstank

I think the colony name should be added to global event messages

For example:

Instead of saying Cold snap watch out for dying crops

it should say

Cold snap at [Colony Name] watch out for dying crops.

I know that you really aren't supposed to play with two colonies, but when you do have these messages it can be a little confusing. Especially if say you get the "I'm being chased by..." event you need to know which colony that event is taking place in because as of right now there is no real clear message about which colony the event is occurring in, and as such you wouldn't be able to make a decision about if you want to offer help or not.

Also this is true with trading... Caravan arrives at which colony? Trade ship arrives.. at which colony? If you have more than two colonies the messages can be very confusing. I couldn't imagine if you had 5!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

matthewgareth

Quote from: Jstank on January 10, 2017, 02:02:07 AM
I think the colony name should be added to global event messages

For example:

Instead of saying Cold snap watch out for dying crops

it should say

Cold snap at [Colony Name] watch out for dying crops.

I know that you really aren't supposed to play with two colonies, but when you do have these messages it can be a little confusing. Especially if say you get the "I'm being chased by..." event you need to know which colony that event is taking place in because as of right now there is no real clear message about which colony the event is occurring in, and as such you wouldn't be able to make a decision about if you want to offer help or not.

Also this is true with trading... Caravan arrives at which colony? Trade ship arrives.. at which colony? If you have more than two colonies the messages can be very confusing. I couldn't imagine if you had 5!

wow! we really need that especially for the "I'm being chased by..." as you put it event

dv

Thyme

The trade ship is a global event (traders are interplanetary as far as I understand it)

But yes, events like cold snaps should be local events, else it wouldn't be much different from the climate cycle.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak