Need info about translation.

Started by Sion, April 11, 2014, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Where can I find the words to translate?
Do I need to know XML?
Do I need to know anything else?
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Tarrke

As far as I know translation files are in the mods directory. For the Core system you should find them in the Path-To-Rim/Mods/Core/Languages/LANG/ then you'll get the files.

You don't really need to know XML and all the stuff, just hos XML works (that is saying this is a Markup language, if there is an opening statement like <balise> there should a closing statement </balise>. Between are the important info).

Yeah you'll need to know your target langage  ;D

Sion

So have I understood this correctly?
I go to the path:
C:\...\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Languages
There I make a new folder with the name of the new language (in my case Swedish=Svenska), the new path should look:
C:\...\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Languages\Svenska
Then I import all the files from eg: the English language folder, and start translating.

An example would be in this file:
C:\...\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Languages\Svenska\CodeLinked\MenuOptions.xml
where I for example take this line:
<GameVolume>Game volume</GameVolume>
and change it to:
<GameVolume>Spel volym</GameVolume>

Neone

confusedwings

i would love to do this for 'Dutch' (Nederlands) but i don't have the game anymore...
If somebody would like it i could do it for you...

But then you should give me the files for it...

Sion

Would it be allowed to upload the language source files to eg: Git Hub and let everyone fork a new branch for each new language? in that way several people could help with the translation at the same time, even if they don't own the game, because you cant play the game with only language files I assume.

Or are Tynan the only one that would be allowed to upload them?

confusedwings

i also think it's impossible to play just with the lang. files... even if i could play it then i wouldn't do it unless it's a legal way... fair is fair...