if the whole map's concrete tile, will dirt disappear?

Started by Darkmark8910, January 10, 2017, 08:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmark8910

If I cover the entire map with concrete tile and forbid colonists from entering the non-constructable edge of the map, will I end dirt forever? How does dirt really work? I've never quite understood how it works. Thanks!

RawCode

Limdood

pretty sure you'll still have dirt.

1) animals that enter the map untamed will wander onto the concrete, tracking dirt.
1a) so will raids, travellers, wanderers, visitors, and traders.
2) you'll still have blood & vomit
3) you'll still have animal FILTH from tamed animals (looks like dirt, accumulates over time naturally)

You could eliminate #1 with developer mode to build flooring in the unbuildable perimeter.

Seeker89

You could build a wall around the unbuildable perimeter... that would stop the animals and the people. having more then one layer of wall to slow down the raid.
and make them pay for it

SilentP

There are also some mods out there that will allow you to manage dirt.  Off the top of my head there's floor mats to put in front of doors and grated floors that let dirt fall through so they never have to be cleaned.

Thyme

I use a perimeter of Door Mats and it works great. Cut my cleaning staff in half. I seems to trap any dirt that is carried around from the pawns moving over it. The dirt does not disappear, mats help because they reduce the walking for cleaning staff.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak