Escape pod, not downed, leaves map due to cold

Started by Illusion Distort, January 10, 2017, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illusion Distort

On a sea ice map sometimes the escapepod crashes and the pawn is able to leave the map (-64C).

Could the cold be factor, only seen it on cold maps.

2nd post
Happened again on a map with -43C

Mod edit (Calahan) - I have merged you second post into the OP to avoid you infringing forum rule #10. Please can you modify your previous post next time instead of replying to your own post, especially when only a short amount of time has passed (~90 minutes in this case). Thanks.

Calahan

@ Illusion Distort - Can you please include saves files when you post bug reports as per Tynan's request to you in response to one of your other bug report threads. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28466.msg287574#msg287574

Quote from: Tynan on December 23, 2016, 01:39:44 PM
Could you please post a savegame in this state?

And, just in general, please post savegames with all bug reports.
It's really great that people report bugs, and debugging the game would be a lot slower without player input. But including neither save files nor reproduction steps really hampers any attempt at confirming, isolating, and diagnosing the cause of the bug.

It is also very time consuming for those who try to recreate the bugs being reported, especially considering that the bug is occurring for the player reporting the bug at the time they are observing it, and so they have the ideal chance to catch the bug there and then by saving the game and posting that save file. It takes almost no time for the player to save the game at the time the bug is occurring, but a lot of time by comparison for anyone trying to reproduce it. Especially without any reproduction steps. Everyone's time is valuable to them, and I'm sure others, including Tynan, would prefer not to spend their time trying, often fruitlessly, to recreate bugs based on scant information. Particularly when no reproduction steps are provided.

And generally, if you have any doubts about what information is required when posting bug reports, then please read the "How to report a bug" thread that is pinned to the top of the bugs forum, and post as much of the requested information as possible. And as Tynan said, please post save games whenever possible. Since a save game really does help in all sorts of ways, so I hope you will try to always provide one if possible from now on. They aren't always needed, but there's never any harm in including one when making a bug report.

Thank you.

Pushover

I have had this a few times where the pawn either heals or is not downed when the pod crashes.

I can try to replicate by triggering escape pod events...

EDIT: This is temperature independent, I think the pawn may try walk to an open medical bed if available. I'll try to test under more controlled conditions.

Calahan

@ Pushover - Thank you for trying to recreate this bug, it's really appreciated.

There have been several reports of Pawns, who arrive via the escape pod event, walking into player's empty hospital beds. Here's a recent one.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29312.0

But it would be good to determine if the bug being reported in the OP is a separate bug, or a variation of the same bug (assuming the OP has observed a bug).

Pushover

My guess is that it is the same bug. If there are no available medical beds, the behavior from an escape pod survivor is to leave the map. Replicated via devmode, forced escape pod event a bunch of times. Pawns who can move after the crash will leave the map if there are no available medical beds.

Tynan

It's not a bug. It's a survivor walking away from a crash and leaving, since you didn't capture him, and he didn't decide to join. It's working as designed.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog