Missing PK weapon?

Started by salt1219, January 10, 2017, 07:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salt1219

I have been busy so I missed a few builds till now.  Anyway I was trying to spawn my pirate king in alpha 16 (William salt).   when he does spawn, he is always missing his spiderbot launcher.  Am I just having bad luck or is his weapon not in the game?

milon

There is no such weapon in vanilla RimWorld, and I do not think any of the upgrade packs let you create a new weapon either.

Maybe you're thinking of a mod?

salt1219

It was part of my Kickstarter reward.

milon

Ooh, wow, you found RimWorld before I did!  :D

Anyhow, if you backed it at $500 or higher, yes, the Kickstarter page does say you can design a weapon.  (Thanks Google!)

You'll need to email Tynan about that.  Make sure to include your Kickstarter account name/email so Tynan can verify.  Email him at: [email protected]

Calahan

@ salt1219 - Going by that kickstarter page, it appears you are one of the legendary RimWorld 6!

And given such illustrious company, I suddenly feel like nagging one of the admins to create a special user group to honour these six revolutionary visionaries :)

salt1219

Thanks guys, I will email tynan.

salt1219

I talked to Tynan, and we came up with a alternative weapon.  So keep a eye out for a auto-shotgun in the future 😊

@Tynan thanks again for responding to my email.

ProjectXa3

So we'll have you to thank for that when it happens, then? Sweet, sounds like it'll be perfect for colonists with the "trigger happy" trait. Any details you can share about it, or does it have to stay secret until its addition to the game? And how was the Spider Cannon supposed to work?
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

salt1219

The spiderbot launcher was supposed to be glitter world tech or possibly a artifact.  It would spawn a limited number of spiderbots that would attack for you.

As for the full auto shotgun, he talked about maybe making some sci-fi sprites for it.  Other than that, it's just a machinegun/shotgun hybrid.

milon

... which raiders will use against me now  :P

Oh yes, I know whom I will have to thank.

(LOL, teasing, love the idea!)

PotatoeTater

I had forgotten about the higher tiers. It's hard to believe that even for pirate king there was only 53 of us that did it. I think you should make a group tag for those in the original kickstarter groups.
Life is Strange