Can't load save games

Started by halsoy, April 11, 2014, 12:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halsoy

Here's a video quickly detailing what happens when I try and load a save game. There are two different saved worlds here, none of which works. The only detail I can think of that isn't obvious from the clip is that both worlds are 250x250 squares, instead of the standard 200x200, should that matter for a save game. It works fine making a new game, as you'll see me do as well. But I can't load saves.

Part from that, feel free to ask anything, as I'm not sure what else can be relative. It's just weird what happens, something which the video will show better than I can type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spQyYEow4s

Tynan

Sorry about that. I fixed this yesterday. See ludeon.com/blog. Just re-download the game from your original link.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

halsoy

Ah, thank you. Still loving the game :D

Edit: I may add that my old save files doesn't actually work. Not sure why. There's one save that occasionally works, unfortunately this is also the very first save made.  It does give me a bunch of error messages (one example below), maybe these are something you want? Just noting this since your blog post said that old save games should still work. Mine doesn't. It' not a big deal, but I can keep them if you want the errors sent in etc. Currently the one linked is the only save I have that will work at all, and even this doesn't really work right.

Tynan

Okay. Sorry about that. The maps I tested (mine and another bugged users') worked so I thought I caught it.

AlexxKay

A save game I made last night isn't loading, and seems to be giving similar error spam  to the above poster when I try.  Luckily, there's an autosave from a few seconds earlier that does load.  The files are too large to attach (zipped they are ~450KB); you want me to email one or both of them?

Tynan

Quote from: AlexxKay on April 13, 2014, 09:22:33 PM
A save game I made last night isn't loading, and seems to be giving similar error spam  to the above poster when I try.  Luckily, there's an autosave from a few seconds earlier that does load.  The files are too large to attach (zipped they are ~450KB); you want me to email one or both of them?

Blast. Okay, I have a stronger fix. But it breaks map compatibility. I'm thinking maybe I should release it anyway. Hmm.

Tynan

I've released the strong fix in Alpha3f.

StorymasterQ

Soon you'll need a stronger fix to get you to get the same high, Tynan :D j/k
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here