[A16] Link's Mods - Solar Weather, Expert Quality

Started by Kyna Tiona, January 11, 2017, 03:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebukin

I like the idea for balance! Will try it!

Kyna Tiona

Renamed the thread "Link's Mods", as I've added a mod for changing how crafted item quality is handled. Check the first post for details~

EDIT: In which I forget to include the graphs in the Expert Quality download. [Slaps forehead] Fixed.

azulusthra

Will solar weather work with modded solar panels(skullywag's small solar stuffed)?

Kyna Tiona

Quote from: azulusthra on January 14, 2017, 06:32:08 AM
Will solar weather work with modded solar panels(skullywag's small solar stuffed)?

Unfortunately not. I could probably rework Solar Weather to be compatible with mods that add solar panels that use the same thing class, but Skullywag's mod replaces rather than extends the existing class. There's not a whole lot I could do without collaborating with Skullywag to make them compatible, and that seems like probably not worth the effort coordinating.

Qwynn

What about something like SD's Advanced Power Generation, which only adds a single new solar panel? If a patch is doable through def files alone I could do it myself (probably), but if it requires doing anything with the DLL that might be beyond me. Figured I'd ask before attempting something futile. XD

Tahvohck

For anyone that still uses this, I patched Expert Quality to work with the new Harmony library included with HugsLib A17. Attached the patched mod to this post. It's somewhat dirty, but does the trick (i.e. the references for the sln could be cleaned up, but none of the actual heavy lifting code had to be changed).

Edit: Don't trust this right now, actually. The code is running but RimWorld isn't yet getting the value.
Edit2: Now passing __result by ref, problem fixed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]