[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Quote from: sirskips on September 16, 2017, 09:58:09 AM
he can stop moding he can stop updating but dont remove the ability for people to still get and use the mod!

Oh god, please skips say something else stupid. You're already looking at a 2 week ban and I would love to have an excuse to perm-ban you for your abusive treatment of scuba for making a decision that you aren't even a speck of concern when making said decision.

Please give me the excuse.

Of course you can apologize and save us both the trouble.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

sirskips

Quote from: Ramsis on September 16, 2017, 10:07:11 AM
he can stop moding he can stop updating but dont remove the ability for people to still get and use the mod!

Oh god, please skips say something else stupid. You're already looking at a 2 week ban and I would love to have an excuse to perm-ban you for your abusive treatment of scuba for making a decision that you aren't even a speck of concern when making said decision.

Do it my opinion stands and I wont apologize moders like this pollute the air for the community. I will check my emotions however will not change my mind ban me for that if you want PEACE!

sirskips

Quote from: Ramsis on September 16, 2017, 10:07:11 AM

Also ban me for what the only time I insulted him was when I called him a C*** and there are messages to prove it so ban away my friend!

sirskips

HE ABUSED ME BY DELETING HIS MOD WITHOUT WARNING OR REASON!

scuba156

Quote from: sirskips on September 16, 2017, 10:21:01 AM
Do it my opinion stands and I wont apologize moders like this pollute the air for the community. I will check my emotions however will not change my mind ban me for that if you want PEACE!
You are not entitled to any of my work, or anyone else's work. I think you need to re-evaluate what community and Intellectual Property means.

Edit: You also need to re-evaluate what abuse means.

Ramsis

Sirskips has been banned for three weeks for his hostility and overall breaking of three rules.

Modders in the community make things better, we are all in agreement and I personally do everything in my power to cultivate the modding scene in any way I can, at the same time they are people first and creators second. Nobody here is entitled to the work, tears, sweat, or blood of our modding community and if scuba decides they want their work over with and not posted here that is their decision first and foremost. Ludeon staff will do their best to make sure the modder's efforts are protected and respected, even if it means having to step in directly to settle problems.

I'll make this as clear as humanly possible; staff are now watching this thread. If you want to groan, moan, and lightly complain about scuba's decision then fine. If you want to try and talk them into allowing future effort and work on his mod, that's fine.. any rule breaking from this point forward will be met with swift bans and I will personally take a few moment of my time to laugh at you irl.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

TheAkbars

Shame to see this mod go, very useful mod. I wish you well on your endeavours.

Sidenote: Ramsis, what's with the shit stirring instead of handing out swift 2 week bans?

Canute

Quote from: sirskips on September 16, 2017, 10:26:16 AM
HE ABUSED ME BY DELETING HIS MOD WITHOUT WARNING OR REASON!
What does we should await from someone like you ?
Not the modder remove the mod from your harddisk Steam Workshop did.
If you would even think a little bit, you just would download it from other source, add it to your modlist and keep playing.

But i think that is a bit beyong your abilities, you don't even find the Modify button and just press replay in your personal rage.
Lets hope you didn't die from an traffic accident when you move at your current mental break on the streets.

robohunterx

Well, that's disappointing, but it's your call obviously. Sorry that you feel that all of your modding work has gone to no avail, and that you feel that making it open source just isn't worth the effort. I can personally say I loved the mod and it was a great addition to my list.

I also love that you included directions about how to remove it from your games; I'd suggest possibly editing it into your top post? Idk.

Best of luck to you o7
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
   -P. J. O'Rourke

XeoNovaDan

It's such a shame to see such a great mod go, but hey-ho, we've all got business to attend to.

This mod shall be forever engraved in my memory, and everybody else's memories, since it was such an amazing QoL mod which has saved countless hours of tedious micromanagement when it came to mod profile switching.

Scuba, sir, I salute you. Whatever the future brings, best of luck. :)

exuvo

To remove everything just seems like a dick move to me. It takes more effort to remove the mod from the internet than to just let it remain on github and for someone else to keep working on it.

Really stupid in my opinion, but then again I have never understood people who actively work against letting others continue using it as open source.

Jazavik

While I don't understand why the mod author would do this, I respect his decision, as he must have his reasons. You don't delete something you have spent so much time on for no reason. It's just a mod, the author shouldn't let it take priority over real life issues. While I am sad to see this mod go, hopefully someone else will eventually create a mod to fill the void. Good luck, scuba.
Also, let's just put our memories of sirskips into the dark corner of our minds where we put all our other repressed memories. You know the ones.
EDIT: Grammar error triggered OCD

Madman666

Well, crap. Usually I don't give a shit about intellectual property, but with mods its another story, since they are done by enthusiastic people, that mostly don't ask for anything in return, so I understand that its your right to remove it... But really, why? Why not leave it to the community for someone to pick up? It was such a useful utility mod.

Too bad. But oh well, I think its my duty to say my sincere thanks for the ability to use this thing even if it was yanked away at some point. I really appreciate that we had it in the first place. Whatever your circumstances are, I hope that everything will be fine for you. Cheers.

Sixdd

Man I'm really bummed to see this get shelved but I'm sure you have your reasons. This kind of reminds me of the Wyrmstooth mod for Skyrim, that author had his reasons too. Just goes to show that life will go on. I wish the best of luck to you and thank you for a great mod.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: scuba156 on September 16, 2017, 07:08:40 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 16, 2017, 06:26:06 AM
Mod author, i hope whatever is happening to you IRL gets sorted out..

I know you have all the right to this mod and its redistribution, this is kinda a d1kmove since removing a mod on aomeone's campaign can corrupt their saves...

This has mad me realize, its time to back uo all mods im using

Anyways, where do you load this mod on the order??
I understand and sincerely apologize.

References to this mod can be removed from save files by navigating to 'C:\Users\[Your user here]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Saves', opening the save in a file editor and remove '840043916' and/or 'Mod List Backup'.

Your save file will then work as normal.

As a parting gift from you, thank you for providing tips on how to save edit references from this mod

Quote from: Canute on September 16, 2017, 07:02:56 AM
LiteEmUp,
maybe you should backup ALL workshop mods, because this is a feature of steam not from a mod author.

QuoteAnyways, where do you load this mod on the order??
Core
Hugslib
Modlistbackup
yes i realized d drawbacks of steam support since i started using it.. its convenience of autoupdates on mods is what keeps me on using it.. i just didnt realized the reality of getting borked saves when a mod author removes mod up until now.. i have mods from other games disappear and my saves didnt get borked, so i kept playing..

For rimworld, im gonna keep using workshop for now coz there are quite a few mods that has active authors that their mods keep getting updated.. its gonna be abit a work having to manual update it on my end, when a new version arrives quite often..