[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiopea

Same here! Client update knocked down my load order and your mod just laughed at it and restored it in one click. Your utility is so good it should a part of the base game really. Thank you for your hard work!

Rellicus

How do you install this? I have a hundred other mods, but this one doesn't seem to work normally. I understand it's an extension for Hugslib, but I can't figure out where to place it, or how to load it...

scuba156

Quote from: Rellicus on January 20, 2017, 10:26:04 PM
How do you install this? I have a hundred other mods, but this one doesn't seem to work normally. I understand it's an extension for Hugslib, but I can't figure out where to place it, or how to load it...
Just like any other mod. HugsLib has to be the first mod loaded after core. Mod List Backup can be loaded in any order. Are you using the steam version or local folder?

Der Failer

For some reason the texture for the undo button doesn't load for me. Log spams this as soon as i enter the mods menu.
null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
I already forced steam to redownload the mod and also made sure that the .img file is present.
Ahem... any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

scuba156

Quote from: Der Failer on January 21, 2017, 05:44:47 PM
For some reason the texture for the undo button doesn't load for me. Log spams this as soon as i enter the mods menu.
null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
I already forced steam to redownload the mod and also made sure that the .img file is present.
Ahem... any ideas?
Are you on Windows or OS X/Linux? Could be a pathing issue.

Edit: Just tested on OS X and it is indeed missing so it's most likely pathing. I'll post a fix very soon

Der Failer

I'm using Windows 7.

Also while i'm already posting here, i have a feature request. Could you add a button or option to, after changing mod, exit the game without reloading all mod (with longer mod lists this can take quite a bit). This would be very useful when looking for bugs and in the process many mods get activated/deactivated. Also restarting is essential after changing mods anyway, so skipping the initialization seem rather logical to me.

scuba156

Quote from: Der Failer on January 21, 2017, 06:03:19 PM
I'm using Windows 7.

Also while i'm already posting here, i have a feature request. Could you add a button or option to, after changing mod, exit the game without reloading all mod (with longer mod lists this can take quite a bit). This would be very useful when looking for bugs and in the process many mods get activated/deactivated. Also restarting is essential after changing mods anyway, so skipping the initialization seem rather logical to me.
Great idea! I'll fix/release the image issue and then see what I can do.

Edit: I looked at the source and found the issue. I will fix it once I get to a PC.

Quote from: Psychology on January 21, 2017, 05:58:28 PM
The import feature is just delightful.
It's super useful for testing for bugs.

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.2.1

• update Chinese translation
  • fix missing undo icon on some platforms

Downloads

Der Failer

Sorry to say, but the problem still exists, same error as before (redownloaded on steam again just to make sure).
Edit: Just downloaded form Git and now it is working fine...

scuba156

Quote from: Der Failer on January 21, 2017, 07:27:11 PM
Sorry to say, but the problem still exists, same error as before (redownloaded on steam again just to make sure).
Edit: Just downloaded form Git and now it is working fine...
Oh that makes sense. Derp. Because the image is being stored in the steam workshop folder and I'm looking for it in RimWorlds mod folder. My bad, will fix it soon.

scuba156

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.3

• add restart on close when a change has been made

Downloads

Der Failer

Quote from: scuba156 on January 22, 2017, 09:08:35 AM

• add restart on close when a change has been made
Wonderful, thank for this update/mod. :)

Did you consider submitting your mod to get put in to vanilla (here)? I know that is doesn't exactly fit in any of the categories Tynans names, none the less it makes the modding experience much better.

asquirrel

Shweet!  Great idea for a mod!  Hey, got a question.  I wanted to nuke my rimworld config folder.  If I do that will I lose my mod configuration backup?  It looks like mod configuration is in a separate folder though (ModListBackup).