[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuba156

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 08, 2017, 02:21:41 PM
Hi!

Small issue here: checking the "Restart On Close" option doesn't have any effect on my end, game has the usual vanilla behavior on closing the old mod menu, no error appears in the console, nothing.

Not giving you a lot of concrete things here, so if I can provide any extra information, let me know!
I would recommend updating to the latest HugsLib and disable restart on close. HugsLib will handle the restart now instead.

BlackGyver

Quote from: scuba156 on February 08, 2017, 08:33:06 PMI would recommend updating to the latest HugsLib and disable restart on close. HugsLib will handle the restart now instead.

Thanks, will do!

scuba156

Mods can place a "Meta.xml" in their about folder to specify its category and load priority.

Category types so far are Core, Dependency, Texture and Other. Priority types so far are Default, High and Highest. An example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MetaData>
  <category>Dependency</category>
  <priority>Default</priority>
</MetaData>

BlackGyver

Your latest feature gave me this thought, and I'm not sure about the feasibility, but what do you think of a set load priority relative to other mods? Given the number of submods or mods that don't play well if placed before/after another, I think there's a definite market for this!

scuba156

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 09, 2017, 11:42:39 AM
Your latest feature gave me this thought, and I'm not sure about the feasibility, but what do you think of a set load priority relative to other mods? Given the number of submods or mods that don't play well if placed before/after another, I think there's a definite market for this!
I had thought about it but felt that I wouldn't be able to do it cleanly.

There would need to be a lot of entries in the meta.XML to specify what mod to load before/ after in case a specific mod wasn't installed.

I also cannot 100% reliably confirm that another mod is what is says it is. The mod identifier is the steam workshop ID for steam mods and local mods use the name of the folder in the mods directory. Since we can now install steam mods locally, the mod identifier can be whatever the user sets the name as. This would break the load order.

BlackGyver

Well, the mod identifier could be another tag in the XML file, it would make it consistent no matter where the file was downloaded from, and wouldn't break if you decided to rename the folder. You wouldn't have to set the order relative to all other mods either, just some specific ones. For instance, a compatibility patch for A Dog Said+EPOE could have some tags specifying to load it after both after A Dog Said and EPOE, assuming both these mods are also properly ID tagged.

scuba156

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 10, 2017, 02:16:22 AM
-snip-
I must of been tired before, since the name is in the about file. I've added a loadBefore and loadAfter property to the meta file. loadAfter currently takes priority over loadBefore.

I'll be taking a few days off coding as I'm moving house during that time. I only have my phone for internet until then too, then I will be on fiber :)

There isn't a whole lot left to do before I release it for testing. There's a few major bugs to fix too that I hopefully won't have much trouble with. I haven't touched the right side of the mod menu much but will do that later. I'll post some new screenshots when I have better internet.

scuba156

Just an update on what's currently happening. I've moved into the new house with 50/20 fiber internet.

I have one major bug to fix then I can release. Manual reordering of mods is currently broken, I might have to rewrite the reorderable widget, I need to do some more testing first, I'll start on that tonight.

The new mod list will be disabled by default and can be turned on in settings > mod settings. I've done it this way because a lot of testing will be needed before I will consider the new mod menu stable.

ambivalence

Feature request/idea: color-mapping a group of mods to navigate a load order quickly. For example, something like: selecting some mods + shift+1 = group 1 (animals) = has a red color-names.

Thanks.

scuba156

Well I don't have to rewrite the reorderable widget which is a lot of work I don't have to do, it was just a stupid mistake on my part. I do have to rethink and rewrite how I handle to load order though for reordering to work correctly and there is no point in having a mod menu that the user can't change.
Quote from: ambivalence on February 16, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
Feature request/idea: color-mapping a group of mods to navigate a load order quickly. For example, something like: selecting some mods + shift+1 = group 1 (animals) = has a red color-names.

Thanks.
I'm planning on adding colourized labels after I get some basic things done.

scuba156

Hey everyone.

I apologise for the lack of updates lately. I've been having a bit of a tough time. I've been wanting to get back on to this for a while so I plan to familiarize myself with the code tonight and continue from there.

scuba156

I've spent 2 nights updating the apps I use for developing, and searching for through the code for where I had left off since I didn't have my previous workspace layout. It looks like all that's left to do is fix the resorting issue.

I plan to get it to a working state and then release as is. Then I can fix whatever issues come up and add new things.

scuba156

AngleWyrm

Could you add a button that quits to the operating system after making changes to mod order?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.4

• A17 compatible
  • removed restart checkbox
  • updated hugslib to 3.1.0
  • some code clean up

An A16 version of 1.3 has been put up on steam here and the main steam page has been updated to A16

Downloads