[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuba156

Description
Backup and restore the currently loaded mods into 20 different nameable slots! Import a mod list from a save file! Never have to lose your mod order again!

Features

• Backup your current active mods and their order!
  • Restore your current active mods and their order!
  • 20 different slots to Backup/Restore to!
  • Undo the previous action!
  • Save time by restarting RimWorld immediately!
  • Clean, easy to read source code! (Hopefully)
  • Import mod list from a save file!
  • Steam Cloud Support!
  • Rename slots!

Known Issues

• No others known, help me find some and be sure to let me know!

Author

• Me!

Thanks

Required Mods

Downloads

• This mod is no longer available

XeoNovaDan

Looks to be somewhat useful, as switching between modded and vanilla and vice-versa can be tedious, especially with load order.

BlackSmokeDMax

Lobstercraft

Finally i can test that mars mod.
Thanks

WoodyDaOcas

somewhat ? Is awesome !:) Thank you
Yeah, exactly, for total overhaul mods that wanna run alone :) like Mars mod
Now, if I would be able to somehow convert this modlist to a "subscribe to all" on Steam, I don't have it there, but I'd buy it, to to update all them mods is a pain :)

Thane

That moment when you necro a thread and a mod that fixes your issue is made within 24 hours.

Thanks Man I'll give this a go!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

System.Linq

Don't mind me, just installing a mod for my mods.

scuba156

Quote from: WoodyDaOcas on January 11, 2017, 01:03:51 PM
somewhat ? Is awesome !:) Thank you
Yeah, exactly, for total overhaul mods that wanna run alone :) like Mars mod
Now, if I would be able to somehow convert this modlist to a "subscribe to all" on Steam, I don't have it there, but I'd buy it, to to update all them mods is a pain :)
I'm not sure if its possible, I don't think steam allows games to subscribe to workshop items, I could be wrong though.

Quote from: Thane on January 11, 2017, 02:45:27 PM
That moment when you necro a thread and a mod that fixes your issue is made within 24 hours.

Thanks Man I'll give this a go!
Ask and you shall receive! (Sometimes)

I will post an update later, won't really change functionality. I'll add google translated Russian/simplified Chinese and clean up some code.

I want to make the code as clean and readable as possible, so hopefully others can learn how easy it is to do, and in case this gets abandoned in the future. I have commented every variable, function, and class to give a description on what they do, with some extra commenting where it seemed needed.

I am currently debating on moving all references to the RimWorld API into a separate dll. This makes it easy to update in the future for new RimWorld builds as anything that calls the API will all be in the one place making it easy to find and update.

A NaCl N Battery

Thank you so much... Makes things far less hairpulling when you add a mod, and it breaks the game by unselecting all of your other mods... Or for trying to find out which mod is interacting with another mod to make you unable to right click things... v.v I'm an addict...

scuba156

Mod List Backup v0.1.1 alpha

• clean up of code
  • add comments to everything
  • refactor some code
  • move RimWorld API calls to a seperate dll
  • increment version

Downloads

Hydromancerx

scuba156

Mod List Backup v0.2 alpha

• Steam Cloud Support (Must be enabled in settings first)

Downloads

scuba156

Mod List Backup v0.2.2 alpha

• Add backup of current mods on start
  • Overwrites each time Rimworld is started
  • backup can be found in ModListBackup directory in RimWorlds user data
    folder

Downloads

BlackGyver

This might be user error at work here, but I haven't found how to use that mod yet; no options in the mod settings, there doesn't seem to be any UI on the main menu Mods category either, and there also isn't anything appearing in the ModListBackup user settings folder. Can you post a quick rundown of how to use it?

Edit: So this seems to have been happening with 0.2A, with 0.2.2A the automatic backup works, but the only options available are the Steam Cloud Sync options in the mod settings. Was the idea of six different save slots and manual loading/saving of mod backups scrapped?

scuba156

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 12, 2017, 07:23:41 PM
This might be user error at work here, but I haven't found how to use that mod yet; no options in the mod settings, there doesn't seem to be any UI on the main menu Mods category either, and there also isn't anything appearing in the ModListBackup user settings folder. Can you post a quick rundown of how to use it?

Edit: So this seems to have been happening with 0.2A, with 0.2.2A the automatic backup works, but the only options available are the Steam Cloud Sync options in the mod settings. Was the idea of six different save slots and manual loading/saving of mod backups scrapped?
Hmm that's strange. I assume you have the latest hugslib other is the backup would not be created. Do you have any other mods installed that may interact with the mods menu?

As long as core and hugslib are the first two mods loaded and then Mod List Backup can be anywhere after there. Once those 3, at least, are active then restart RimWorld and then the 'mods' menu from the main menu will have extra buttons (as shown in the screenshot) to the right of the close button.

Multiple slots with backup/restore is still included (Next update will have namable slot)