[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoishigh

DoctorVanGogh

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Madman666

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 16, 2017, 07:25:35 PM
Yes ;) Gimme a minute  8)

Like for real? I love you, man! I already worship you for your OmniDrill mod and work on Extended Storage and now you're making Mod Backup substitute? Amazing.

scuba156

Sorry everyone, i just .... can't do it anymore. Anything. :'(

DoctorVanGogh

For those who really need a tool to switch mods on the fly, here's a WIP replacement: ModSwitch.

Since I need sleep, it just does two things for now: Import ModListBackup sets of mods, and enable/disable mods from existing sets. Creating new sets, renaming, all the fancy stuff will come later (or sooner).

Also @scuba: If you want to tell me where you stuck those custom names I'd gratefully take that hint :D And don't worry - you gave us a really nice tool. It was great while it lasted.

Madman666

Quote from: scuba156 on September 16, 2017, 07:37:40 PM
@scuba hey, dunno what happened, but hang in there) Shit happens, ya know? Its sad to lose such a good utility mod, but we wouldn't have it in the first place without your hard work. So as one of those who used it, I say - "Don't mind, if you think it has to be done - do it and don't give a flying shit about some whining ingrates, that sometimes surface here in this wonderful community." I am sure most people here who used your mod and are grateful for having it will say the same.

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 16, 2017, 07:41:36 PM
For those who really need a tool to switch mods on the fly, here's a WIP replacement: ModSwitch.

Since I need sleep, it just does two things for now: Import ModListBackup sets of mods, and enable/disable mods from existing sets. Creating new sets, renaming, all the fancy stuff will come later (or sooner).

Oh, it can even import sets from Mod Backup. As I said you're amazing. I am taking that, thousand thanks.

Dellamorte

I thought Mod List Backup was under GPL (I could be wrong)  and therefore able to to study, copy, modify, and redistribute it. I could be wrong as I did not look before but most mods are released under GPL, if it was not GPL then what was it?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Madman666 on September 16, 2017, 07:47:59 PM
@scuba hey, dunno what happened, but hang in there) Shit happens, ya know? Its sad to lose such a good utility mod, but we wouldn't have it in the first place without your hard work. So as one of those who used it, I say - "Don't mind, if you think it has to be done - do it and don't give a flying shit about some whining ingrates, that sometimes surface here in this wonderful community." I am sure most people here who used your mod and are grateful for having it will say the same.

Well said! <clap><clap><clap>

Iridescens

For all those concerned with mod disappearance - did you try to google for it on the Web? I have found a copy on first page on some fan's mods site. Not gonna post the link, as not to anger the author (and also to not give him a hint where to demand a removal)

SpaceDorf

Been there. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
I hope you have/find the right people to help you recover.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: Iridescens on September 17, 2017, 08:44:46 AM
For all those concerned with mod disappearance - did you try to google for it on the Web? I have found a copy on first page on some fan's mods site. Not gonna post the link, as not to anger the author (and also to not give him a hint where to demand a removal)
Dont send people on a while goose chase to some Chinese website... It's his stuff, he wants it gone - deal with it. Grab something that does the same work instead. Don't point out to people that there might be a window in some back alley where you might be able to break in to sleep another night in that now shut-down hotel...

AngleWyrm

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 17, 2017, 09:21:45 AM
Dont send people on a while goose chase to some Chinese website... It's his stuff, he wants it gone - deal with it.
Sorry, no, that's not how history works.

There's a body of law that has developed to address such matters, and it is required during release that the author specify two conditions:
1. Policy for distribution/sharing and mod packs.
2. Policy for derivative works.

That cannot be altered at some later date; time travel is still not permitted in this realm.
Only new versions can be released with new rules.

This is also a good reason to include a legal text file in zip distributions that states those policies.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

faltonico

Thank you for you hard work scuba156, because i don't use steam I'll keep using your mod at least as long as A17 lasts.
Unfortunately I saw that coming. Hopefully you'll sort out your matters soon, look for help if needed be, and maybe return in the future.

Kalre

I was missing this today, damn, why would you like totally remove it from steam and github :(

Guess you have strong reasons so thanks and hope everything gets better ! Also if someone could provide me with a link to the A17 version i would love that

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: Kalre on September 17, 2017, 02:06:19 PM
Also if someone could provide me with a link to the A17 version i would love that
Seriously? :o

Why don't you try this instead?
Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 16, 2017, 07:41:36 PM
For those who really need a tool to switch mods on the fly, here's a [...] replacement: ModSwitch.